Chapter Six

Chapter Six:

“Wait”

   A deep silence was produced. Derek paused in his walk and turned to Stiles who looked at him unsure. He had no clue what he was doing or why he said that word. Little did he know that word that will forever change his life. Stiles shifted from foot to foot, his head facing the ground. Derek stared, waiting for him to continue on.

  “I’m sorry I went off on you like that”

 “I don’t believe you” muttered, Derek crossing his arms defiantly.

    Stiles sighed, not in the mood for his crap. He just he wished he’d shut up so he can explain.

  “I was pissed off because I got beaten up, ok?” he half shouted and ashamed mended his features.

   He was ashamed of all people, that Derek saved him. The guy who looks upon him as the ‘weak human’ or the extremely annoying one. Stiles was more than that. He was a guy, if necessarily could become brave and face his greatest fear. He was going to prove that with Danny but failed. He should just accept that he wasn’t strong.

  “I’m tired of being tired. I just wanted him to stop hurting me both physically and emotionally. I wanted to show him that I had a backbone too. I wanted for him to understand how I was feeling”

  “Well, he doesn’t” Derek interrupted Stiles. “Don’t you see? Danny is nothing but a punk who seeks enjoyment from inflicting pain on other people; you. Do you honestly think he really cares about you? Loves you? You’re kidding yourself if you do. He doesn’t. Sure, he might act like he is but he isn’t”

   “Stop” cried Stiles.

    There were tears slipping form his eyes and they kept on coming. Relentless. They arrived in a waterfall form and poured with vengeance. Revenge from being tightly locked away and controlled. They streamed free with all the emotions along with it. This was too much for him. What Derek voiced was the truth and nothing more. Stiles knew Danny was never in love with him, despite how strongly he tried to appear to be.

   Instead, he was damaging him. Hurting and slashing at him until he resulted to rumble. The sad thing was, he was manipulated. He actually believed and surrender his heart to him.

   “I’m such a fucking idiot!” screamed Stiles and finally let all of his tears go. His whole body racked with them. An incessant rhythm that wouldn’t let up. Stiles cried mainly about his stupidity. He hated that he was so damn naïve and gullible.

 “Stiles…” It was Derek’s voice in his ear and then his arms embracing him.

    Stiles leaned into his hug. He appreciated Derek for letting him find comfort in him. He needed this. After everything that had happened to today, Stiles had found peace but in the most unexpected place. Derek’s arms. His arms that was strong and oddly reassured him. Believe or not, there was still hope.

     With Derek hopefully by his side, Stiles without a doubt could find it.