Chapter 24

Sara's POV

It was almost one o'clock in the morning and neither Niall or Samantha were back from the game yet. I was starting to get worried. They both aren't returning my calls or texts. Maybe they went out for a drink and their phones died. I was thinking about all the possible positive solutions. I knew it was very unlikely that both their phones would die at the same time but I didn't want to think of the worst case scenario.

I left my room and walked into Harry's room, crawling into his bed. I snugged up to him and laid my head on his bare chest. As soon as he felt my presence, he wrapped his arms around me. We both moved so we were in a more comfortable position.

"Harry?" I whispered.

"What is it babe?" He replied.

"I'm worried about Samantha and Niall. They aren't back yet." I said.

"I'm sure their fine. Niall wouldn't let anything bad happen to his princess." He said.

"I know but what if something did happen to them and their in trouble?" I asked. He leaned towards my face and pressed his lips to my forehead, comforting my uneven breath.

"Your just worrying too much. I'm sure their fine." He paused. "Now lets get back to sleep. We have an early flight tomorrow." He said. It was true. We were going to visit Harry's family tomorrow. To be honest, I was really nervous about it. I have no idea what they are going to think of me.

I closed my eyes and began to slowly fall back asleep, still having a bad feeling about Samantha and Niall.

Samantha's POV

What happened? Where am I? Why am I in so much pain? All these questions ran through my mind. Pain was all I felt. Throughout my whole body.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings. Everything was mostly dark. I could see some sunlight shining from the corner of my eye so I assumed it was early in the morning. There was a cold breeze that chilled my body. I then knew I was outside. I was trapped under something. It looked as if I was in somewhat of a car accident. How did this happen? I don't remember anything from yesterday.

I tried moving my stiffened neck but could only move it a little bit. Fortunately I was able to move my neck enough to see someone was sitting beside me in the drivers seat. The thing was, I didn't know who it was.

The blonde haired boy was unconscious beside me with blood coming from a cut on his forehead. I deflated the airbag and my fingers crept along the door, trying to find the handle. I swung the door open with all my force and it made a squeaking noise. I heard the sound of glass hitting the pavement as I got out. The world began to spin and I leaned on the car frame for support.

I needed to find help but for some weird reason, I felt as if I couldn't leave the boy that was still in the car.

I made my way over to the other side of the damaged car. My assumptions were confirmed. I could clearly see I was in a car accident. I looked for the cause of the crash and barely saw the car we smashed into.

All of a sudden I had a massive pain in my left leg. I looked down and I was horrified. I could see my pants had been teared apart and my leg was cut badly. I needed to get help as soon as possible.

I carefully reached down into my pocket to grab my phone. When I got it out I saw that it was no use to me. My battery had died and my screen was smashed to pieces. I had to think of another solution. Maybe that boy has a phone I could use. I stopped myself before making my way over to him.

Who was this guy and why was I with him? Did I know him? No I couldn't have, I would have remembered him. I don't know why I got in the car with him. It was clearly a big mistake.

I proceeded to move closer to the boy, every step excruciating pain. I managed to open his door but it took most of my energy. I knelt down so it was easier to grab his phone. I reached my hand into his pocket but he shifted and I jerked my hand away.

"Sam...Samantha. Are you okay?" He mumbled, his voice strained.

"I don't know" I answered

honestly "Can I use your phone? We need help".Wait, he knew my name so we had at least met before. He nodded painfully so I reached in and got it. I called for help and they said they should be there soon. I slumped down on the ground painfully, my leg finally giving out.

"I'm so sorry Samantha" he told me. I didn't know how to respond.

"You think the boys will be worried?" He asked.

"The boys?" I asked.

"Yeah, Samantha are you okay?" He asked. He touched my face lightly and I pulled back as much as I could. Why was this boy touching me?

"You know who the boys are, right? Y-You know who I am, right?" He asked.

"No, I don't." I said quietly. I could see he was holding back tears.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Niall." He replied. His voice was thick and hoarse with tears.

"We're we friends?" I asked. He looked at me.

"You really don't remember me?" He asked. His face was full of hurt.

"I want to but no, I don't. I'm really sorry." I told him.

"You don't have to be sorry. It's my fault." He said looking down. I was about to ask him what had happened when I heard sirens coming towards us. I was happy to see the ambulances because my leg was really starting to hurt. I don't know what Niall's injury's were because he was still trapped in the car.

The ambulances had finally reached us and there were two stretchers. One for me and one for Niall. One of the paramedics came to me and pulled me onto a stretcher. I could see the other paramedics reaching into the car and talking to Niall. Then they grabbed a stretcher and carefully put him on it, putting him in one of the ambulances.

There were two ambulances because we both couldn't fit into one. I was put into the ambulance and they closed the doors. One of the paramedics started to ask me questions.

"Whats your name sweetie?" The women asked me while she slashed a light in my eyes.

"Samantha Payne." I answered.

"How old are you?" She asked as she turned her attention to my leg.

"Seventeen." I said. I felt flashed of pain and I cried out.

"Sorry hun." The parametric said. I started to sob as the pain got worse. I couldn't take take much more pain. My hand clenched the sides of the stretcher and I gritted my teeth.

"Please." I begged. "It hurts so much."

"We are almost at the hospital. We can give you something there."

She paused "I have to hook you up to the IV." She brought out a needle.

"Just a small pinch." She said and put it into my arm. Compared to my leg, the pain was nothing but it still hurt. She continued to ask me questions until we got to the hospital. I was unloaded and surrounded by doctors and nurses. I heard the parametric talking to the doctors.

"Samantha Payne, seventeen, automobile accident. Hit and run. She was with Niall Horan, nineteen, who's following behind. He reported that she doesn't remember him. I suggest an MRI to see the head trauma. The leg is broken an is going to need stitches. She could possibly have some broken ribs." They said. Someone began to strap and oxygen mask to my face. Everything around me was moving so fast it was hard to keep track.

"We're going to give you something for the pain." A nurse told me. She took a needle and put it into my IV bag. Then things got really fuzzy. The pain was going away and I sighed with relief. My eyes began to get really heavy and before I knew it, I was in a deep sleep. It was almost as fast as blinking.