The Same Paper

I got to Matt's door and had barely knocked before he opened it wearing only a pair of basketball shorts and a white tank top.

Sweet Jesus

"Wow...h-hey," I said smiling taking in the wonderful sight in front of me.

Matt smiled, "CeCe, hey...thought you were someone else."

My heart dropped, "Oh, were you expecting someone?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yea, Jason and I are going to play some ball...but you are way better than Jason," he said giving me a smile that nearly melted me before leaning down and kissing me softly. "Aren't you supposed to go straight home? 'Cause I'd rather not give your brothers any more reason not to like me."

"Yea, I'm going...I just wanted to talk to you first," I said putting my hand on his stomach and pushing him inside the room and shutting the door before rearing up on my toes to kiss him again.

Matt smiled against my lips, "I like our talks," he said chuckling.

"What did Joe say to you after I left class today?" I asked getting right to the point.

Matt sighed and brought his hand up rubbing the back of his neck, "Nothing about us," he said avoiding my question.

I cocked a brow, I know that rubbing of the back of the neck thing... Nick does the same thing when he is nervous or stressed. I cocked my head to the side regaining eye contact with Matt. "Well, then...what did he say?" I questioned.

Matt bit his lip and gave me a reassuring smile, "This was my second truancy this term," he said.

And then suddenly it all made sense, no wonder he didn't really want to tell me what they discussed, there wasn't much of a discussion to tell...just Joe giving him the belt, the idea of it made me want to throw up...most girls start dating and they worry that their older brothers will kick their boyfriends ass....not beat it....how fucking embarrassing.

"OH," I said dropping my head. "Now I feel horrible."

"No, don't," Matt said putting his finger under my chin and lifting my eyes to meet his. "It's no big deal CeCe, it's not like I've never gotten the belt before," he said trying to reassure me.

"Yes but...it was Joe and he is my brother and we are dating, it's awkward," I said.

Matt chuckled, "No more awkward than any other random professor beating my ass," he said giving me another smile and pulling me to him to wrap his arms around me. "Don't worry about it babe" he said kissing the top of my head.

There was a quick knock on the door and Jason peeked his head in. "Hey, oh whoops...sorry man."

"No its fine , I was just leaving," I said rearing up on my toes to give Matt a quick kiss.

"Good luck with your boy talk," Matt said with a smirk as I grabbed my backpack and threw it over my shoulder.

I crinkled my nose. "I'll text you later." I said scooting past Jason out the door "Bye Jason."

"Later CeCe."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked in the front door to find Nick in the kitchen cooking, I dropped my backpack by the door and walked in sitting down on a stool at the island and grabbing a piece of celery that he was chopping on the cutting board.

"Whatcha cookin?" I asked taking a bite of the celery then hopping up and grabbing the jar of peanut butter from the cabinet.

"Soup," Nick said swatting at my hand as I grabbed another stalk of celery. "Stop it...some of it actually needs to go IN the soup."