Prologue

Prologue - unedited (Written 20/6/2013) Arabella to the side.

*Friday 27th April*

"Yes mom, I'm fine. I'll check the mail and lock all the doors." Arabella, or Ara for short, sighed exhaustedly through the phone. Her parents were away to visit her Aunt's model show in New York, leaving her bored and alone back in California.

She ran a hand through her messy brown flowing hair and closed her ocean blue eyes. There was a party happening at the house literally across the street, James Ralf's party, the popular 'playboy' in her school.

The music was loud, disturbing any fun time alone as she sat on her large black cushioned sofa. She had an urge to just stomp madly over there and bang on his door while shouting rude words to tell him turn off the music.

But that would be embarrassing, as if she hadn't had enough of that. Arabella wasn't exactly what you call 'popular'. In fact, she was the simple, shy girl who actually bothers to pay attention in class to pursue the dream of becoming a doctor, or an artist who has museums all over the world if she had the talent.

"And lock all your windows! Make sure the gas is all off, and the TV too. Also the lights. Electricity bills these days cost a fortune!" Her mother cried, hoping she does listen and not pretend she is then not bother doing a thing.

"I will, I will. I've done like half the things you've listed. I'm fine mom; this is not the first time anymore. Look, I'm going to bed and I'll pick you guys up from the airport on Sunday. Love you mom!" Arabella confirmed softly into the phone.

She heard her mother sigh in relief. All the way in New York, her mother is smiling into the phone.

"Okay, Okay. I trust you sweetie. I love you too, I'll see you on Sunday." And with that, Teresa, her mother, hung up the phone and went back to her husband.

Arabella groaned as she hears the music beating loudly from across the street. The large cream coloured house, similarly built to hers, was sitting right in front of her house with only the cement road as a barrier - oh, and their front yards and porches too.

She had had an idea of calling the cops on them, especially because it was easy to guess that they were illegally drinking underage but didn't want to hear about it at school for being the 'party-pooper'.

So, the best she could do was dress up, get ready, and have fun at the party next door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Aw, man. This party is going to be epic. Loads of girls from James' school. He told me all about them and they're all gonna be there. It couldn't be better, a night out here in America at a typical teenage party with booze and hot girls throwing themselves at us." Xander's best friend, Sebastian, announced excitedly as the two boys drove to Sebastian's cousin, James' house.

Xander was driving himself and his beta/best friend to the party. He was excited for the party but didn't bother showing it, and all he planned on doing was probably getting with a girl or two and then leave, probably forgetting 'Bastian as he looks like a little kid on Christmas just as the pull up to the street of the house.

It was obvious into which house was holding the party due to all the loud beats coming from it and the lights peeping from inside to out. They had to park about three or four houses down due to how crowded it was, and how many people took their cars.

As he got out of the car, Sebastian following him, he noticed that this isn't like anything they have back in their home city, but something completely new and surprisingly normal.

They've been to parties before, gotten drunk and high and all, but never experienced the proper American teenage party, besides watching movies about. But movies can lie.