Isabelle Olympus part 9

Hey guys! This isn't very long but still I wanted to upload it as I thought it finished at a good point. Enjoy!

I watched as Luke shoved his hand in his bag and pulled out a square of ambrosia that was given to him before he left the camp. He took a bite out of it and immediately the bleeding started to slow. I let out a breath that I didn’t know I had been holding and before long the bleeding had stopped completely. Luke slowly walked on again, once he had caught his breath back. He came to a tall hedge maze that was impossible to see over. The hedges blocked out most of the sunlight and were dark, perfect for things to be lurking in corners. There was no way around it. Luke would have to go through it. He set off into it with a determined look on his face but it wasn’t long before he found himself at a fork. Which way was the right way, left or right? Luke set off confidently down the left one but after a minute or two of walking he found himself back at the crumbled statue of the cupid, and it definitely wasn’t a different place as there was Luke’s blood stained on a patch of grass. How did that happen? The maze had led him back out to the cupid from the same path he had gone in by. Luke went in again but this time he took the right path at the first fork. This one led him down a path which twisted and turned before coming to another fork but this time there were three paths to choose from. Luke chose the middle one but soon found himself back at the cupid again. Ah! This is how it worked, there was one path that would lead him completely through the maze but any other route would just take him back to the start! Luke seemed to have figured this out too, but he looked as though he had had an idea.

“Maia!” Luke shouted and I thought he’d gone mad. What in the gods names was he doing that for? But then wings grew out of the heels of his sneakers. Huh? Of course! Hermes must have given him a gift. I watched as Luke flew upwards, wobbling slightly as he tried to keep his balance, but I could see that this wasn’t his first time using these shoes, he had practiced. He flew higher than the hedges and we both gasped. The maze went on for miles, well not literally, but it was a huge maze! Luke leant slightly forward and he shot across the top of the maze that would have taken ages to make his way through and would have been impossible to remember the right way every time he went wrong. But because of the shoes this was no longer a problem and he flew straight over the top of the hedges before landing at the exit a few minutes later saving himself hours of time.

Luke looked around the area he had landed in but there seemed to be nothing dangerous there. It was just a posh looking formal garden that looked as though it belonged to an estate with a mansion. Luke cautiously crept through it, passing the occasional statue of a god, until he came to a clearing of just grass, which was well kept and made into a neat and tidy lawn. There was a loud roar from the side and Luke snapped his head in that direction, drawing his sword as he did. There was the dragon, and it didn’t look happy. I know it probably wasn’t the thing to be thinking at that moment but I couldn’t help myself from wondering how they could cut the grass and make it look so nice when there was a giant dragon sitting on top of it. I almost slapped myself. Focus woman! Luke is being faced with a dragon and you’re sitting there thinking about how they cut the grass? Come on!

I brought my attention back to Luke as he dodged a stream of fire that poured out of the dragon’s mouth singeing Luke’s arm. Oh Styx! I really don’t want to see Luke roast! But I didn’t have to worry about that for too long as Luke went in for a jab, and the worry of Luke being fried was immediately replaced by the worry of Luke being sliced in half by the dragon’s sharp claws/teeth. But the sword made only a small cut on the dragon, hardly any damage at all. The dragon’s thick skin was acting almost like armour, and would be almost impossible to cut.

The dragon took a swing at Luke and a talon narrowly missed Luke’s face as he dodged it, but he didn’t see the claw come back again and it sliced his shoulder leaving the talon embedded in the wound. Luke screamed in pain but dived in quickly afterwards and slashed at the Dragon’s face, causing it to howl in pain and angrily spit fire at him. Luke didn’t manage to avoid the stream of flames and he was trapped in a ball of fire. He writhed on the ground, rolling trying to put out the flames. When he did his skin was burned and it was clear that he was in pain. I didn’t know how much more Luke could take of this, he was tiring and could barely lift his sword. Luke went to strike again, knowing that he should try whilst he still had some energy, but he was too slow and the dragon saw him coming. The dragon swatted him aside quickly leaving a gash across his cheek and sending him flying backwards. I gasped as he hit his against a stone and I saw his eyes flutter closed for a second. Oh gods! He’s going to die! Call me! Luke Castellan if you don’t call me right now and you die I swear I will kill you!