Chapter Eleven - Crunches

It was just after breakfast, and I had grabbed a blueberry muffin from the universitie's caffeteria. It had been quite tasty. 

   Now I stared at the sceen infront of me.

   The gym.

Our universitie's gym was quite large and very spaceful. You could tell they had put some effort in each and every detail. From the exercising equipement to the weight room, the yoga room, and the design of the space in general. 

  Large windows line most of the walls, students passing by on campus could see people working out, but still it illuminated the room with an open and fresh feeling.

   I liked it.

  Suddenly I felt self-consious of my estate of being. 

   And how I looked.

   Almost everyone else who was down here working out and excersising wore tight, tight spandex tops and spandex bootie shorts.

    I remembered when I'd wear those kind of shorts when I used to work out, I didn't now though.

  Instead I had on a little below knee lengh cuffed sweatpants and a solid coloured scoop neck tee-shirt that was really comfortable.  I looked down at my shoes.

     Mostly everyone had nike. I shrugged.

  I had just found a random pair of sneakers in my closet. I couldn't really remember where they came from but they didn't have a brand name logo on them.

   But yeah it's not that, that bugged me.

  It was the fact that everyone in here was practically an athelete. I imagined my friends back home laughing together as we tried to conquer the excersising machines making jokes about them.

    These people looked serious.

 I walked over casually to a tread mill that wasn't in use and wasn't near anyone with a view because of the windows right infront of it. Popping in an earphone into each ear, I clicked on my ipod. Gosh I loved this device. 

  Music stared thrumming through and I picked up my pace walking heavily.

    Speed walking was actually better for you, so I tired doing that. It susposedly works out the core of your body and just about every muscle you want leaned out.

  I kept going, trying to nod along to the music while jogging lightly.

 I didn't notice someone running besides me till he came up infront of the machine and was pretending to jog infront, facing me and blocking my direct view outside.

   Stopping I pulled out my head phones and cocked my hip in question.

 Sandy blonde hair swished around his face, those soft blue eyes smiling on their own. He wore a reboc spandex teeshirt and baggy basketball shorts with adidas sneakers.

   He looked good.

  "Ricky..right?" I searched my mind for his name, I saw him still few times in my starting religions class, always comming in late and taking whatever seat he could. I remembered him introducing himself at party i'd been too a couple weeks back. The same goofy grin was plastered to his face. I laughed.

      His smile only widened as stopped running infront of me, putting his large hands on the treadmill's handles from behind. 

     " It's good to know you remember my name," He winked playfully," even if you did struggle with it for a moment."

   I rolled my eyes and smiled. He was cute.

  " Oh, and what's my name blondie?" I asked cocking my eyebrow.