Chapter Three

I frantically put pressure on the wound where blood was oozing out and glared up at the demon, noticing that he'd licked the knife sparkling clean.

He threw the knife out of his hands and grabbed my chin, yanking it up to his face as he let a devilish smile overtake him as he licked his lips hungrily. "Your blood is delicious.." His eyes traveled down a good length of my body before snapping up to my gaze.

Finally, I was able to get some confident words out. "What do you want from me?" I slowly got out, my gaze glowering upon him, seeing his expression look intrigued.

He raised an eyebrow, jerking his hand away from my face and acted like he was in deep thought, "Well, at first glance I want to kill you." He stated with interest in his voice, "Then I realized I can keep you for blackmail."

Anguish surged through me like a punch to the face and I glanced back down at my leg, blood still oozing. I knew when I had lost a certain amount of blood, I'd faint. And they would take me someplace else, probably more advanced and populized with demons.

Great.

I studied the demons face while the room was engulfed with silence. I hadn't even looked behind me to see how many others were in the room, but I saw one, and I had a passionate hatred for him already.

"So, Carmindy." The demon traced his index finger up my neck, lining my jaw and lightly snatched my cheek before letting go, "What do you say?" His voice trailed to a low, deep sound as he entwined his hand with my hand the was covering my wound and brought it up to his face, trailing his tongue on the fresh blood, somehow satisfied, and hand was overcome in tingles from where his tongue had lapped.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him as the tingles became prickles of heat, and he kept running his tongue over the blood on my hand, suddenly it felt like I was being branded, the burning sensations sent uncomfortable waves over my brain, and I saw a circle start to appear, over it was a triangle with two parallel lines, and in the middle of it all, lay a red eye shaped burn.He pulled away and let go of my hand, leaving me to gaze upon my burn.

"What is this?" I demanded, hearing the demon chuckle maniacally, tracing his fingers over it lightly as I snatched my hand back, eying his smirk as he opened his mouth to talk.

"You've been marked by a demon." He murmured, cupping my chin with his hand, taking something out of his pocket and raised it up to my face. It was a rag.

I had no time to react as he held my chin in place, "Just breath deeply, relax." He told me in a cooing voice, I stood there confused, but when I smelt the strong intoxication coming from the rag, I almost choked. And I realized, just like in the movies, he was knocking me out! Its called.. Called..

I felt myself be overcome with drowsiness, feeling myself go weak in the legs. Before I could ever react to this, my eyes snapped shut and the world around me was shut away.

.:..:.

I heard a muffled conversation as I tried to lift my head up, feeling as if it took a million years to do, I did it. As I opened my eyes it was all a blur. I tried to bring my hands up to rub my eyes but they were tied to the back of me. I tugged my wrists at the rough ropes holding them together and blinked wildly, trying to get my eyes to clear.

I gave up on the rope cause I knew it would be no use, I wouldn't be able to get out of them even if I struggled so hard.

I waited for my eyes to go back to normal, but it felt like years went by as I sat in the chair silently, hearing the talking in my ears again as I attempted to tune in on the conversation as my hearing came back fully.