Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ellie was cowering away from Lucifer as he stood looming over her, his big body shadowing her small frame. She was a fool, and she knew it. It was one thing to play with the mind of a man, but to play with the mind the devil himself was just plain stupid. It was too late for those regrets though, he had been quite understanding so far, and he had allowed her to get away with so much, but she could see the anger burning behind his cold blue eyes.

“I am sorry,” she told him again, “It was a mistake, and I was annoyed with you.” She tried to explain.

If she thought he looked angry before, it was ten times worse now, “Hold on a minute are you actually trying to shift the blame onto me for this? Don’t get me wrong sweetheart I can control minds, I can do many things, but this,” he said motioning to the room and what she was wearing, “This darling was all you, you did this, not me.”

Ellie rubbed her head in anger, it was partly his fault and she was not taking the full blame for it, “You tricked me, you took advantage of me!” she screamed at him.

Lucifer started to laugh at her which only angered her more that he could find the situation so funny, “No what I did was put temptation under your nose, what you did was take it. Have you read the bible, this shit has happened before, remember that idiot Eve?”

Ellie cursed under her breath, he was right, but she wasn’t giving in to him, “But I didn’t take did I, nothing actually happened!”

Lucifer tilted his head to the side as though he was considering what she had said, “You’re right, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not pissed off.” He stepped back slightly, “I’m beginning to think you’re not right for me, maybe I should just kill you and be done with it. Women are too much hassle anyway.”

It wasn’t what Ellie expected to hear, “Is there nothing I can do to make it up to you?” she asked in fear for her life.

Lucifer sat down on the edge of the bed and shook his head, “I don’t know, I need a little time to mull it over.”

Ellie could feel herself becoming angry at him. Mull it over? He wasn’t buying a new car, he was talking about killing her. “Do what you like, I don’t give a shit.”

Lucifer stood up and walked towards the window, “I’ll see you very soon my love,” he remarked before he vanished into the night.

Ellie needed to get home, she didn’t feel safe. She could still feel him in the room. He was everywhere, she was being watched by him and she knew that he could conjure up all sorts of unimaginable horrors. She had to get back to her apartment, she was just thankful it was one place he couldn’t get to her.