Chapter 4- You'll Always Be Around, You Silly Goose

“So, I have this friend,” I tell Mason a while later as one of the workers brings us pizza and chicken nuggets. Yes, they actually have them, which is really, really good news.

“Okay…” He nods, letting his voice trail off.

“And she’s a huge fan of you. Like, really, really huge.” I say. “And then I have this other friend who really likes you but she’s not like, obsessed with you or anything, you know what I mean?”

“I think so,” Mason chuckles. “So, what about them?”

“Meet them?” I ask hopefully.

“Meet your friends who’re obsessed with me?”

“Yes,” I nod. “Mason, I swear their lives would be totally complete if you did.”

“Is this you begging?” Mason wonders, taking a bite of pizza.

“Yes!”

“I dunno, I mean, I really am trying to lay low for a while.”

“Then can I at least tell them that you’re here? I swear they won’t say anything.”

“Ar—"

“Please?” I plead, jutting my lower lip out.

“You’re kinda adorable, you know that?” He says, after sipping on his drink.

“Oh, well, thanks I guess,” I retort. “So can I? Please?”

“Okay, okay, fine, you can tell them. I know it’ll get out but I want at least a few days of peace.”

“I swear they won’t say anything at all. It’s just that if they find out that I knew you were here and didn’t tell them, they would literally kill me. I’m not even kidding, Mason.”

“Well, I guess that would be bad if my one friend here was brutally murdered by her friends.”

“Yes, that would be absolutely awful,” I agree.

“When you say obsessed, how obsessed are we talking?”

“Well, Holland may or may not have a shrine to you in her closet.”

“Wha?” Mason asks, his eyes going wide. “You’re kidding.”

“I am,” I giggle. “But, this morning we went to the mall and they made their monkeys after you.”

“Aw, that’s kinda cute, I guess.” He notes.

“You seem so modest about it all,” I concede.

“About what?”

“You. Like, you seem really humble considering how many people love you.”

“Oh, right. Well, I guess I am kinda humble. I try to be. Those people don’t love me. They don’t even know me. They think they do, but they just love who I am. Not me. If that makes sense?”

“Yeah, strangely enough it does. I said the same thing to Holland this morning.”

“And this is why we make great friends, we obviously think the same way.”

“It would appear so. Oh, I have a question.”

“Shoot.” Mason tells me, starting on another slice of pizza.

“Do you like, watch your own movies?”

“No,” He immediately tells me, shaking his head, crinkling his nose.