9A: The Date

RECAP:

"Hello. Earth to Chase! Are you gonna come out or what?" Irena said jokingly at me

"Uhh... yeah." I said getting out of the car. I need to talk to Piper about this. I just hope that Rita can explain this all.

_____________________________________________________________________

9: The Date

" Your not paying any attention to me." Irena pouted. She might seem annoying but she actally isn't. She can be pretty cool at times. She put down her menu. I could see her dark green napkin still folded in between her fingers.  Her blonde was resting on her bare shoulders. I realized that she took off her jean jacket and placed it on the chair she was sitting on. Her white sequin tank top sparkled in the light. Our waiter came then with our drinks that we ordered. We both ordered coke.

“Sorry, it’s just really hard to concentrate with the whole the competition thing.” I apologized.

“Is it because Adara’s your mate?” She asked while I took a sip of my soda that just came.  I chocked on it. After I coughed for a couple more seconds, she cocked her head and looked at me. I could tell she was waiting for my answer.

“Thanks for helping me.” I said sarcastically.

“Welcome but you didn’t answer my question.” She chuckled with dark humor

“I was being sarcastic. I wasn’t really thanking you.” I told her jokingly. I really hope she drops this.

“Okay. I’ll drop it then.” She sighed. That’s what I love about her. She usually bugs you for a couple minutes and if she figure’s out that you want to drop it, she will drop it.

That’s what I love about her. She usually bugs you for a couple minutes and if she figure’s out that you want to drop it, she will drop it.  Our waiter came to take our orders then.

“I’ll take the Chicken and Gnocchi with a side of NOT INTERSETED.” She said looking up at our waiter. He was about our age and now had a blush go through his face at being caught checking Irena out.

“I didn’t know that was a side.” I said jokingly. Irena gave me a playful glare and threw a bread stick at me.

“I’ll take the Zuppa Toscana.” I told the boy. He seemed glad for the small distraction to save his embarrassment.  

“That will be out soon.” He muttered and made a speedy retreat

“What is your soup?” Irena asked

“It’s spicy sausage, russet potatoes and cavolo greens in a creamy broth.”  I told her. She made a small noise that told me it sounded good.

“I’m getting a creamy soup made with roasted chicken, traditional Italian dumplings, and spinach.” She told me as she took a drink of her soda.

“It has spinach?” I asked crinkling my nose. I am not fan of spinach. I have no idea why but I just don’t like it.

“You can’t even taste it in the soup.” She said waving her hand forward and pulling it back as she made a ‘PSHH’ sound

“You probably can.” I argued

“No you can’t. “ She sighed

“I bet I can.” I retorted

“It’s your mind playing tricks on you. You can’t taste it.” She argued

“Maybe your mind is playing tricks on you.” I argued back.

“Stop arguing with me!” She snapped

“Then you stop arguing with me!” I snapped back. We took one look at each other and burst out laughing.