Chapter 30

Hey guys, this chapter has not been edited so there might be a few mistakes in spelling, grammar etc..

Thank you for getting this far in Avery and Austin's journey.

Love you all and have a good day mwah xx

At the end of the hallway there was another hallway i could turn down on my right so I did. When I did I found an empty bedroom with nothing but a neatly made bed and a desk. Like the other room I was in there were two doors leading into what I again assumed was a wardrobe and a bathroom. I carefully put down the gun I was surprisingly still holding on the desk.

From where I was I could clearly hear Jake attempting to clean up what remained of the kitchen and dining room area. I walked over to the bed and fell on my stomach, muffling my face in to the pillow. I shut my eyes and let the tears sink into the pillow case. I know I said to myself that i'd tell Jake about Austin and I but now that Jake said we couldn't talk to each other, i've come to my senses and realised that he does know. I just don't think he wants to admit it because that would mean he's lost his trust in me.

An hour later I heard someone enter the house through the front door then I could faintly hear voices talking. I figured it was Gabby so i got up and walked to the kitchen.

"I think I should cancel the trip I haven't told Ave-" Jake stopped talking mid-sentence when I entered the kitchen.

"What trip?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion.

"Its a car and dance convention in Melbourne" Jake scratched the back of his neck when he saw my mouth drop.

"Australia. You're going to Australia and you didn't tell me earlier?" I asked raising my voice just a little bit higher than usual.

"Well I" Jake stopped and searched for words to say. "Uh"

"Wow man you really can't keep your cool up when you're with your sister" Gabby shook her head and laughed. Jake narrowed his eyes at her.

"Forget i asked that" I asked. "How long will you be in Australia for?"

"Two weeks"

"Shoot me now"

"There's one thing" Jake's face was all serious when he said it so I prepared myself for another Austin complaint. "I want you to stay at Gabby's for the two weeks only because I don't trust Austin living next door to you alone"

I rolled my eyes and even though i was really peeved off at it I dropped it by just shrugging. "At least you're not locking me up inside a basement" I smiled at him.

"You must feel a bit weird from what happened today do you want to have a shower?" Gabby asked quickly changing the subject.

"Yes please" I looked away from Jake.

"Follow me"

Gabby walked in front of me while I trailed behind and turned down the same hallway I decided to stay in. When we came to a door close to the one I had entered earlier, she stopped. She opened the door and pulled out a white and soft looking towel, she passed it to me then shut the door.

"I'm guessing you know that there is a bathroom in there?" She asked and pointed to the room.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"There's clothes in the wardrobe, call me if you need me" Gabby said then walked back the way we came.

I walked into the room but didn't bother in closing the door and went straight to the wardrobe. I shifted the towel to my other hand, opened the door and stepped in. A couple of shirts were hung on a horizontal pole and a couple of pants and shorts were neatly folded on a table. I grabbed a grey short-sleeve t-shirt and black cotton shorts and stepped back out of the wardrobe. I quietly shut the door and walked over to the bathroom to have a nice relaxing shower.