Chapter 42- Top 12

It All Started With Hello Ch.42

Artemis

"Okay. This is the moment we have all been waiting for-- the annoucment of the Top 12." Mr. Carter said as we sat in the auditorium.

I tapped Isis and Jari with a smile. They smiled back.

"Your valedictorian is Artemis Williams." Mr. Carter smiled. I gasped in shock and froze. Isis had to push me up. I stood in front of everyone as they clapped.

"Your salutatorian is Alexa Nguyen."

Alexa wasn't here because she was at a track meet, but everyone clapped anyway.

"Now, Undergraduate number one is Isis Drake."

Isis walked up to me with a smile.

"Number two is Andrew Guidry."

Our dread headed friend, Andrew, walked up to us as he sighed in relief.

"Number three is Zyiane Meads. Number four is Keytoan Thompson. Number five is Elise Smith. Number six is Unique Sullen. Number seven is Horus Drake. Number eight is Mya Forbes. Number nine is Diamond Slyve. And number ten is Vickie Nelson." Mr. Carter called out.

Everyone walked up to stand in front of everyone else. Vickie, Horus, and Unique weren't there so there were only eight of us standing. Everyone clapped before we were allowed to go back to class.

"Isis! You're number one!" I hugged her.

"And you're Val!" Jari hugged us.

"Can you believe it?" Juno laughed. "Artemis is Val."

"I have to tell everybody." I said as I pulled out my phone and texted everyone.

[I AM THE VALEDICTORIAN FOR THE CLASS OF 2013! -Princess]

Prince was the first to respond.

[Hell yea! Fuckin right! Damn right! My baby is a Triple OG! Congrats baby! -Prince]

[Thank you! I'm so excited! -Princess]

[CONGRADULATIONS, VAL! -Ray2wice]

[Thanks twin- Princess]

[Omg! I can't wait for graduation! You're gonna give the best speech. Congrats lil sis- ProdTheG]

[Thanks Prod-Princess]

[Hell yeah! I knew you'd be Val. I can't wait for your speech -DoubleR]

[Thanks! -Princess]

The messages kept coming as Jari, Juno, Isis, and I sat in Ms. Gardner's class.

The day passed by quickly with me and Isis smiling over our success. Once I got home, Prince called me.

"Hello?" I answered as I closed my bedroom door and threw my bag down.

"Congrats!" The boys shouted together.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

"Victory speech!" Ray called.

"Fuck all you motherfuckers at Behrman who thought I wasn't shit." I said and they laughed.

"I'm so happy for you, mi amor. I can't believe it. I know you have wanted to be valedictorian since--"

"Sixth grade." All four boys said together. It was my turn to laugh.

"I know right. I have to make a seven minute speech." I smiled as Isis, Brittany, and Jari called me. I joined the calls.

"Hey boys." Isis said.

"How did you get into this conversation, ICEE?" Roc asked.

"We called Artty and knew she would be talking to y'all." Brittany said.

"When is graduation?" Prod asked.

"Thursday, May 16 at 5PM in the Martin Behrman auditorium." Jari, Isis, and I said together.

"And when is prom?" Roc asked.

"Saturday, May 11 from 8PM to 12AM." We answered together again.

"Good. We'll be at both." The boys said.

"You better be! I paid for your prom tickets!" I said.

"Which we said you didn't have to do." Ray sais.

"I inivited you. It's the least I could do. Plus it was just my birthday money. I still have some money left over." I shrugged.

"Well, we got to go. Love each of y'all. We'll see you soon." Prince said before hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! Wow. I'm close to 50 chapters! I don't even think this is halfway through the story. I have a lot planned for this story and it is going to be amazing.

Anyway, I have a new story out. It is a supernatural Mindless Behavior story. You should check it out and comment on what you think about it.

I'll post another chapter of It All Started With Hello today!

Comment. Vote. Share. Follow. Please!

Love ya,

LilBlackAngel

#SpreadThePeace