She Don't Like the Lights - Part 2

Imagine for Adriana: Part 2: Three months later:

Justin is on TV live. You haven’t talked to him in months, since the park, so you watch the interview to see how he’s doing.

After the interviewer asks him about his new album ‘Breathe’ and his new song ‘Heartbreaker’ and stuff about his tour, she asks a question about...you.

“So, Justin. I know I’m late, but you and Adriana broke up?”

Justin’s wide smile immediately turned to a blank face, then a pained face, once she said your name. He looked down at his hands in his lap and said, “Yep... We did...” he looked back up at the interviewer with what looked like slightly watery eyes, but you couldn’t be sure.

She went on, “Why is that? What happened? I know I have no business in it, but we all are curious.”

“Naw, it’s fine.” Justin said, clearing his throat before going on. “She just – we just – I mean, I just wanted better for her. She didn’t deserve all the hate she got, and fans – my own fans – hated on her, made her feel horrible. She couldn’t take it...she deserves better than that...” his eyes wandered back to his lap as he finished.

“Do you miss her?” the interviewer asked. You stared at the TV, waiting desperately for an answer.

Justin looked up, and this time there was for sure tears in his eyes. “Are you kidding? I loved that girl – I still love her. I think about her all the time, I miss her so much. So much...”

The lady went on, “If Adriana were to be watching right now, and maybe she is I don’t know, but what would you say to her? Right now?”

Justin looked straight into the camera with his watery eyes, and you could feel his eyes burning into yours. You knew this was meant for you, only you.

“Adri, I love you. If there was anything I could do to be with you again, I’d do it. I miss you, you have no idea how much I miss you bae, I know you’ve probably moved on and I know your probably happy now...but I just want you to know that I never stopped loving you. Your still my girl...” He looked away from the camera and buried his face in his hands. He got up and started to walk away, “Sorry, I need to go. Love you all...”

And he was gone. You shut the TV off and started crying. You missed him too. You wanted him back so badly, too. You thought he moved on, he clearly didn’t. You wanted to call him right now, tell him how you feel, but you didn’t want the whole world going back to hating you again.

Oh hell, you thought. Fuck the world. I love Justin and I’m calling him.

You pulled picked up your phone off the table in front of you and dialed Justin’s number that you still had memorized. It rang once before immediately going at a recording...

“I’m sorry, but you have entered an invalid number that does not exist. Please double check what you entered and retry. Goodbye.”