Could Things Get Worse?

My mom shook me awake the next morning, and i grumbled from my pillow,"What?"

"How did your dat go last night?"

My eyes widened as i pushed myself up quickly from my pillow. I lloked over at the dress on my floor behind the door,"Crap."

My mom sat next to me,"What happened?"

I smiled nervously,"I uh... kinda went to the football game with Dylan instead."

"Oh, so Matthew had to cancel?"

I dropped my head back to my pillow and shook my had.

"You didn't... forget, did you?"

I nodded again.

"Oh no, Kimmy! You must've kept him waiting the whole night."

Now, I really felt guilty.

"Kim, how could you have forgotten?!"

I grumbled and turned on my side,"It gets kinda worse..."

"How?"

"I kissed... Dylan."

She looked at me in shock,"Isn't he dating Alice?"

I nodded as I pushed my face back into my pillow.

"Oh no. Why?"

I mumbled into the pillow and she sighed,"Sit up, Poodle-doo."

"I think it was a mutual kiss, mom. He is the one who lifted my face."

"You could have pulled away, dear."

"That's it! I couldn't even think. He has that effect on me. I just... completely forget and want to be near him."

"Kimmy, you should talk to Alice... she deserves an explanation."

"What about Dylan?"

"He is dating her, I understand, but he is the one who kissed you. Even if you wanted to fight back against it, He is strong enough that you might not have been able if he wanted it."

"Mom! you make it sound like he was going to rape me!"

"Well, Kimmy, was thereany alcohol at this party?"

"There wasn't a party mom! He took me out for ice-cream!"

She gave an exhasted sigh and stood up,"Kimmy, I'm not sure you understand how fast things could go. Your body lusts after one thing. Contact."

"Mom, I wasn't lusting after him and I'd rather not have this conversation."

"Fine, but be more watchful, alright."

"How come now all of a sudden, you and dad don't trust him?"

"Kimmy, Dylan has been around a lot of girls lately. He's still a boy and boys will chase after a girl who's got a good figure."

I turned to lay on my back and gave my mom an incriminating look,"Fine... It's not like i'm dating him."

"Just do me a favor and talk to Alice, alright?"

I sighed and gave in,"I'll call her and set up a meeting at Dairy Queen, okay? Now will you let be alone to think?"

She nodded and exited my room. I took in a deep shuddering breath and thought about going to get the phone. Part of me wondered if I could do some snooping to get Matt's number and maybe apologize, and another part just wanted to forget about him and deal with Alice and Dylan.

"High school is so complicated." I grumbled after a few more minutes.

I slowly, as not to use too much energy, got up and went downstairs. My mom was outside water the grass. I grabbed the phone off the charger in the hall and dialed Alice's cell number. It rang a few times before I heard her mom's voice on the other line.