--17--

||

"Oh come on, (y/n). One time won't kill you," a friend of yours urges.

He's holding some kind of drug that you didn't remember the name of. You and a few other friends are leaning against the wall of some abandoned store. Your other friends are doing this drug too, but you wanted nothing to do with it.

"It will loosen you up," he says as he pokes your arm.

"I don't care if it will loosen me up. What I do care about is my health and my future."

Your friends begin to laugh hysterically.

"You're all high and I want nothing to do with any of you!"

You begin to walk away, but one of your friends grab your arms tightly.

"Let me go!" you scream.

"Just try it once, (y/n)."

"No! I will not give in to you!"

His grip on you loosens when a new voice says calmly but loudly, "She said let her go."

You look to see an old friend of yours standing there with a baseball bat in his hand.

"Louis, I can deal with this on my own," you say as you yank your arm away.

"You obviously can't, (y/n). Look where you are..." you look at the friends around you; they were completely out of it, "these aren't your friends, (y/n)."

"Yes they are, Louis!"

"Really?" Louis begins to walk towards you, "Do you really think that these people are your friends?"

You slowly nod.

"What happened to you, (y/n)? You never hang out with these kind of people."

"I grew up, Louis...unlike you!"

Louis lets out a short laugh.

"You call this growing up?! Hanging with these...these druggies? Where's the (y/n) I used to know? The one who wouldn't get into stuff like this?"

"She's gone, Louis! The day you decided that I wasn't worth your time anymore, I destroyed that part of me. You destroyed that part of me, Louis! It's your fault that I'm not that girl anymore!"

The baseball bat drops from Louis' hands. Your other friends were gone now; it was just you and Louis. He was staring at you and you knew that tears were forming in his eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, Louis. You have no right...no right to look at me like that anymore!"

You go to turn around but his hands went on your waist.

"Don't touch me," you say as you swat his hands away.

He lets you go and you continue to walk away.

"I quit, (y/n)."

You stop walking and slowly turn around.

"I quit baseball for you..."

Baseball was the reason that you two fell out as friends. All his time was spent on training and none of it was spent on you.

"You didn't have to do that...you love baseball, Louis," you say as he starts walking towards you.

"But I love you more..."

"Y-you don't have to lie to me to get me to stop from walking away."

"I'm not lying, (y/n). I really do love you...that's why I can't understand why you were with them. Why, (y/n)? Why?"

His shoes were touching yours and he was staring into your eyes again like he was earlier.

"Because I needed something to get my mind off of you..." you whisper.

"Was it working?"

He looks at your lips then back to your eyes as you shake your head no.

"This probably won't help with that either..."

Louis brings his right hand to your neck and you hear his breath getting heavier. You watch as he closes his eyes and presses his lips to yours. Your eyes flutter close when he brings his other hand to the other side of your neck and continues to kiss you.

"Why now? Why not back then?" you ask when he lets go of you.

"Because I was a fool, (y/n). I couldn't see how much I meant to you...or how much you meant to me. But I see it now."

He grabs your hand and leads you away from the abandoned store.

"Louis...what about your baseball bat?"

It was still on the ground.

"It doesn't matter."

"But won't your father be furious?"

He looks at you and smiles.

"He probably will be...but I don't care."

You hold onto his hand tighter as you both take a nice long walk as the sun sets. When the night ends, he kisses you again, leaving you wondering when you'll get to feel the way you had been feeling tonight again.