The Bet *Statue

There’s a trailer on the side. You have to watch it because it’s amazing! CreativeSideOfLife made it. :)  Banner on the side by RaylaSan.

This is just the first part, and I’ll add the next one this weekend. The song for the chapter is Statue by Lil Eddie. I got the title of the chapter from the song =)

Happy reading! (:

Chapter 28 Part 1 *Statue*

~ Drake

The girl in front of me is a goddess. I don’t know why, but I can’t take my eyes off her. Is this Pie? I notice that she wears light make up. In my opinion, she still looks beautiful without it. For me, someone is beautiful when it’s natural. Even though her dress is short, it looks classy on her.

 She has the same color of her hair, and the eyes. The blue eyes that only belong to her—

“Draky,” Driana says, snapping me out of my reverie.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts. I really don’t like where they’re going.

“Staring at someone is rude,” Pie says bemusedly. Her eyes glitter in delight.

I look away, embarrassed that she catches me staring at her. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I decide that I can’t let her see me like this; open, vulnera—

“Who’s star-struck?” Driana asks amusedly.

“I don’t know,” I say evasively, glowering at her. She sure knows when and how to tease me. Right, because we’re twins.

“Draky, are you?” she says, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I want to snap at her this instant but I know she’s just testing my patience.

Fortunately, Driana has something to do before the first class starts so she tells us goodbye. She walks away, but not before winking at me.

I shake my head at her, but I’m smiling slightly. Blocking her path, I ruffle her hair like I used to when we were kids.

She slaps my hand away, and then pauses to scowl at me. “Don’t mess my hair again,” she complains, smoothing it back.

She’s cute when she looks irritated that’s why I want to tease her whenever there’s a chance and an opportunity.

"I’m not promising anything."

She puffs out her breath and continues to go to the direction she has in mind.

And then it’s just Pie and me in the hallway of lockers. There are students walking to and from, and there is loud banging of lockers as they open and close.

People stare at me, but I’m used to it. Some glances shyly, and when they catch my eye, they look away quickly. Some are brave. When they catch my eye, they will nod, or smile. Some talk to me like they know me. I don’t mind though, because I’m friendly.

Now, they just stare. They don’t try to catch my eye. They, too, are staring at the girl beside me. The guys linger at Pie’s a little longer, like she’s a statue to be gawk at. I don’t know why, but I mind. I feel protective of her all of a sudden.

Why is that?

I ignore it because talking back to it won’t do me any good.

You’re selfish aren’t you?

Selfish? I snap inwardly.

Because you want that you’re the only one who can hurt her.