Chapter 28: Damaged

>3 (Every heart has it's deformities)

***************************************************************************************************************

I slide against the wall of the staircase, my left hand in front of me. In my right hand I have the butcher knife. The chandelier is dimmed, and it’s completely pitch black outside.

I continued walking closer to the front door, and got a chill down my back.

“I’m done. I’m not following anymore of his damn orders tonight,” a high pitched male voice said, “let’s just leave the other guys here.”

I pulled my body to a lower part of the staircase, and looked through the railing. There are two skinny guys, both with their hoods up; the one is shorter than the other.

“Yeah, I’m tired I stayed up until five last night doing shit for him. Let’s get the hell out of here, I get bad vibes from this place,” the shorter man said, looking up the staircase. They opened the front door and slammed it shut.

I started to follow them, when a rough hand grabbed my arm, and twisted the knife out of my hand.“You must be the girl,” a hoarse voice said from behind me

“That depends, why you are looking for her.”

“We just want to ask you some questions. One of the guards wants your ass on a  platter, the usual,” he replied, and I got a nice whiff of putrid breath.

I gagged.

He put my hands behind my back, and started pushing me to the front door, “Get off—“His hand went over my mouth. I brought my head forward, and then back headed him in the face.

“Holy—“

I whirled my right leg around, and kicked him in the side of the face, hearing a nice crack. He tried to grab for me, and I punched him in the jaw, then in the solar plexus. He gasped for air, and then hit the ground. Someone grabbed my from behind, I bit their arm, making them release me, grabbed their hand, and flipped them over. I smashed their solar plexus with my foot, getting a loud grunt. I put my fists up to approaching guards. They looked at the two on the ground, and then back at me.

“He could have told us she was a freaking Ninja!” The one guy yelled, "let's get out of here!"

They all started to evacuate teh house quickly, and dragging the people I injured.  I grabbed the tiny gaurd, as he was leaving, and pushed him against the wall by his sweatshirt. He has brown eyes, and short black hair. He would be adorable, if I didn't hate him at the moment.

“Where’s Valentine?” I screamed in his face.

"Don't know, I know where Cupid is though?" He joked, adding a snicker.

I saw little fangs in his mouth.

“Tell me where he is!” I said, starting to get pissed off, "and get rid of those things."

The guy smiled making his fangs go longer, and started laughing hysterically.

I punched him in the face, and his head went back against the wall. His lip and nose started to bleed.

"Where is he? You worthless piece of crap!” I growled in his face.

The guy blinked slowly, “wouldn’t you want too--”

I brought my knee to his groin, and he cried out in agony, “There’s more where that—“

“--He’s closer than you think,” the guard interupted, his face red from pain.

“Tell me exactly where he is.”