Chapter ten

Surprise!!!

Do you love me?? I know you do. ;) Soooo, I have a couple of things to say. Like how totally awesome you freaking guys are! Like for real. Oh my gosh. You guys are being really supportive and all that good stuff haha And I would like to thank everyone who has voted, commented, silently read, and told others about my story. I'm really thankful you guys, hence this surpise chapter!! haha

I must warn you though. By the end of the chapter you WILL hate me with a burning passion. But that's okay, I sort of got angry at myself towards the end also. haha :3

Chapter ten

                When my period came, so did the mood swings, cramps, and headaches. I was seriously considering murdering Teddy and then killing myself, you know, typical hormonal thoughts from a menstruating teenage girl. I almost felt bad for Teddy, having to put up with a crazy bipolar me. Almost.

                I mean, I have to give it to him. The first couple of days he was really accommodating. What baffled me was I hadn’t even told him, maybe he took a wild guess since I was curled up on the couch wailing about ‘freaking cramps’. A while after that he showed up with some Midol, a heating pad, and a bowl of ice cream. My own personal heaven.

                I forced myself to watch stupid chick flicks, crying on all the wrong parts, while stuffing my face with ice cream. The whole time, I made it a point to ignore the guy sitting in the seat to the left of me. I was feeling annoyed by his presence but I tried to be nice and ignore him since he did try to help. I noticed every time I cried he would shift around a lot, obviously fighting with himself. I know he wanted to comfort me and it annoyed me that he wanted to do so. Finally, I told him I wanted to be alone and he got the hint and got lost.

                In fact, he left me alone for the rest of the week. Smart boy. When I was finally back to normal, I found myself eating breakfast with Teddy. So weird. But I was curious.

                “How did you know to get me all that stuff?” I blurted out.

                Teddy’s head snapped up from his bowl of cereal which he had seemed to have taken a huge interest in. I guess he thought I was still being moody and was trying to avoid me. He eyed my face, searching for signs of unjustifiable anger. He seemed pleased by my normal bored expression.

                “Just because I’m a guy doesn’t mean I don’t know things” he shrugged, glancing back down at his cereal.

                I glared at him, knowing that wasn’t what he was going to say.

                “Well, how would you know?” I press.

                He sucks in some air through his teeth, leaning back in his chair as he does so. His eyes flicker to mine briefly and I can tell he is uncomfortable. I just don’t understand why.

                “Well, growing up with a girl as a best friend, you pick up a few things” he finally tells me.

                I stare at him blankly. Girl as a best friend, nothing really wrong with that, I guess.

                “Oh, what’s her name?” I ask, even though I have a slight clue who already.

                “Terra” he says, his tone soft when speaking her name.

                This bitch again?

                I keep my eyes locked with his, daring him to break eye contact. I don’t like the flush of anger that has suddenly overtaken me. I grit my teeth to keep from saying something stupid. He can’t know that I’m jealous, hell, I can’t know that I’m jealous. So I reel in my anger and look down at my own cereal bowl, efficiently breaking eye contact.