Chapter Nineteen.

Chapter Nineteen

After school Lia and I hit the mall so she can get a new outfit for the "fiesta" that Dex is planning Friday. Lia drags me through the perfume isle, knowing that I always gag and cough on the intense mixture of fumes.

Lia picks up a pink and purple bottle and prays some in front of her face, waving it towards her nose to smell it. "So," Lia starts, choking on the stench. "What's going on with you and Vance?"

I shrug, fighting an ear to ear smile. "Nothing, it's just now that Evan and I are over, Van and I are hanging out more," I half-lie.

"If something was going on with you guys, you could tell me," she says.

"I just broke up with Evan, the last thing I need to do is start another relationship," I state.

"That's true; relationships that start fast tend to end even faster."

"Let's talk about you and Kyle," I insist wanting this spotlight off of me.

"What about us?"

"You guys are sleeping together now," I prompt. "How's that...going? Don't get too detailed though, I saw enough of him on new years."

"It's getting...better. I'm glad I went on the pill when I did, because the condom broke," she tells me. "You're on the pill, aren't you?"

I nod, remembering the awkward trip to the doctor's with my mom when I was sixteen. Once my group of friends got larger and more guys got thrown into the mix she pretty much insisted that I'm a slut and that the pill would prevent her from becoming a grandmother. That clearly shows how little she thinks of me and how little she actually knows me.

"Kyle's sweet, when we first starting talking, like a month and a half ago, I pretty much knew from the get-go that I'd lose it to him."

I'm kind of glad that I'm on the pill now; otherwise I would probably have to go by myself. As horrible as the situation was at the time, my mom was there for me, it was a mother-daughter moment at it's finest and we don't really have those anymore.

Lia coughs. "Okay, all of this perfume is making me nauseous, let's go look at dresses! I still have to find a prom dress."

"Did Kyle ask you?"

"Well, not yet, but he will. I mean, we're together now so I kind of just assumed that we would go together," she pauses. "Are you going to prom this year?"

I shrug. "I don't know, maybe. I have a feeling that Van will drag me with him because he's into that whole cheesy thing."