Chapter 13

Sorry this is a short chapter, I've been really busy lately. Thanks for the patience you guys :)

~~~~~~

"Mom! Mom, what's wrong?" I asked frantically, sitting beside her on the couch. She was drowning in her own tears.

"Your dad, he, he" she kept stuttering through her crying.

My dad. No no no no no.

"Mom, calm down, what's wrong with dad?" I said holding back the tears. Something was wrong.

"He-He was shot."

I completely froze. I couldn't move, couldn't think.

"Where is he?!" I asked jumping up and grabbing my keys.

"He's in the ER. They-They don't think he's going to make it Jessamine. He's unconscious." She continued to cry, holding her face in her hands.

I just stood there and stared at her. I didn't know what to say. My body was numb with fear. What if he doesn't make it?

"Who did it." I asked, but almost stated it.

"Only he knows. No one was around. Everyone in the office heard a gun shot and rushed to his office-" she replied. She was barely understandable.

"Come on, lets go." I said to her.

She just looked at me with a blank face. "You go, I couldn't stand to see him in that position."

"I'll be back soon." I replied as I kissed her on the forehead. "Everything will be okay."

-----

I tried to keep the tears back, but they continuously fell. What sick minded bastard would even attempt to kill my dad!?

Eventually the tears began to blind my vision, causing me to pull over so I could calm myself a bit.

It was the opposite of calming myself. I was a wreck.

My makeup ran down my face, my eyes were already blood-shot from crying so hard.

I put my head on the steering wheel and cried more and more.

Before a knock came to my window.

"Jessamine, I saw your car outside the bakery and-" I looked up to see Harry standing in front of the passenger window. "Oh my god, Jess what's wrong?! Unlock the door, now!" he said frantically.

"What's wrong! Shh it's okay, tell me what's wrong. Whoever is making you cry like this will pay, I swear-"

"Harry," I whispered. "My dad was shot." The tears still falling and my sniffles were continuous.

He just looked at me for a second before reaching his arms around me and pulling me into a comforting hug. Within seconds I was sitting in his laps, my arms around his neck, and my head buried into shoulder.

I sobbed for what felt like hours, but only ten minutes. The whole time Harry had me in his grip, rubbing circles in my back.

"It'll be okay." he would whisper time to time.

Finally I looked up to meet his gaze. I realized I had tear-stained his shirt.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"Nothing to be sorry about." He replied. It was silent for a few seconds. "Who did it?" he asked.

"We don't know. Only he knows. He's currently unconscious." I replied.

"Well, whoever did it, WILL pay. Do you understand that? I will hunt that sick bastard down myself-" I cut him off by placing my lips to his.

The feeling was comforting, his plump lips were warm and inviting.

I pulled back to see him smile. "Lets go, I'll drive."

"Okay." I said as he jumped into the driver seats and took off toward the hospital.

~~~~

Most of you guessed what happened & yes, I read ALL the comments. :)

Keep it up!

COMMENT & VOTE.