The Rescue

Chapter 1

She sat in a small, dark, smelly room. She had been there for at least three months. She was stationed some where in Afghanistan to help out with the medical teams. Then one day mercenaries attacked, taking everybody that is an American, prisoner and killing those that weren't. She could hear the screams across the building. Just two days ago she was in there being tortured. All they wanted was the information about each and every military base in Afghanistan but nobody knew. She sat in the corner and pulled her legs up to her chest and covered her ears. She was use to the sound but hated to hear it. Then all of a sudden it went quite and the door opened. Blinded by the sudden bright light, she felt two big hands grab her and forced her to her feet.

They dragged her down a long narrow hallway with several cell doors on each side until they reached the end. Someone opened the door and they walked right in. With her eyes adjusted to the light she looked around the small room. Then she screamed when she saw several of her colleges dead on the ground with missing body parts. They pushed her into a chair and tied both her hands and feet. Then they stood behind her and waited.

Several min. past before the door opens again and in walks the boss. He wore black pants, shirt, and a brown vest and boots. He carried an AK-47 on his shoulder and a Bowie knife on his hip. His skin is tanned dark brown and his left eye has a scar through it. He puffs several times on his cigar before speaking.

"Do you know why you are here?"

"Because people like you don't like American's that help your enemies!"

"You have such a bitter tongue for such a pretty girl!" he said grabbing her chin

"Untie me and I'll show you what Americans do to people like you!"

"Aw but that would be a bad idea." he said letting go of her chin and walking around the chair

"Now tell me where each military base is and I won't kill you?"

"Why would I tell a slimy slug like you where they are? Your just going to kill me anyways!"

"I don't want to kill you but if you won't give me the information I'm looking for then there is no need to keep you alive!" he said pulling out the bowie knife and putting it to her neck.

He started to drag the knife across the neck. Deep enough to cause pain but not enough to bleed to out.

"Now tell me about the bases?"

"I don't have any information about the military bases!! We are only doctors that came here to help! What you are looking for is not with us!"

"That's not what your friends down there said." he said pointing to the bodies

"Well whatever they told you is a lie!"

He walked up to her, got several inches away from her face and looked at her straight in the eyes. You can smell the death that lingers on the man skin.

"You can make this easy or you can make this hard but one way or another I will get the information from you!!" he said walking away

He walked towards the door and opened it. In walks another guard, pushing a cart with several things on top of it. He starts messing with the nail gun and a screwdriver. Deciding on which one to use first.

"Now tell me what want to know and I won't hurt you!" He said picking up the nail gun

"Like I said before even If I did know where they are I'm not selling my out my country to some low life bastard like you!"

He walks over to her chair, sets the nail gun on the back of her hand and ask her the same question again. Again she answers the question with sarcasm. He fires the gun several times in her hand and she lets out a dead awful scream. He moves the gun over to the other hand and ask the question again. She looks up at him and spits in his face. He fires the nail gun again and again. He walks over to the cart, puts the nail gun down and picks up the screw driver and a blow torch.