Chapter 25: Everyone Here Is Older Than Dirt

Once again, there is no content in this that is rated R. haha

Tell me what cover you like in the slidshow!

DON'T KNOW WHAT THE CUPID SHUFFLE IS? TO DA RIGHT BABIES >>>>
 yes I do this dance LOL

****************

I’m usually not a shy person, but when I asked Emilia this:

“Are there going to be any humans at this party?”

And she told me this:

“Ha! No! Are you insane? There are so many vampires here!” Camilia hit her on the arm, “Oh shoot well you should be ok…”

I started to get a tad nervous, nauseous and the beginning of a headache. 

Camelia handed me a red masquerade mask, and I put it on quickly. I’m starting to feel more, and more nervous.They walked ahead of me down the staircase, and I sat on the top step. Music pounded from an unknown source. I’ve never really walked to the dining room…I've never actually walked anywhere in this house, besides the kitchen and the living room!

 “Are you coming?” Emilia turned around, and yelled up the steps.

No.

“Yeah, I’ll be there in a minute!”

“It’s in the Ball Room and the Dining Room! So you can pick one!” Camelia waved at me, and they turned to the left of the staircase, into a hallway I’ve never been in. I really don’t know this place at all. They always transport me by… poof.

I stood up, and pulled my costume down. Even though I have leggings on I don’t like my big butt showing too—

“Why who do we have here?” A deep voice said, from behind me. I turned around on the step, and brushed my costume off.

A man with black shaggy hair, and the most interesting emerald green eyes stepped into view. He has a white mask on, and is wearing a regular, well-fitted suit. He looked me up and down, and stepped closer. Geez what's up with Vampires doing that to me?  I automatically backed up.

He put his hands up motioning for me to calm down, “Don’t be frightened little one, I mean you no harm.”

“Let me guess…since my luck is pretty damn horrible, I’m going to say you are either Dimitri or Nicholas?” I said, crossing my arms over my chest. He leaned against the staircase railing, and took a step down. I took a step backwards.

He smiled again, showing some pretty sharp teeth. “Well, I go by Dimitri, but you may call me anything you please.”

“I think I’ll stick with Dimitri, thanks though.”

“You are a very intriguing human. You remind me of someone. Do you have a name?”

“Natalie Chang,” I answered quickly.

He closed his eyes for a moment, and opened the again, looking behind me, “You lie through your teeth. Cassie Heart.”

My breath caught in my throat, and I took another step down the staircase. “So, we finally meet,” he said, taking another step down, “I assume you are wondering why I know your name?”

I swallowed a lump in my throat, and continued walked down the steps backwards, holding onto the rail. He walked a bit faster, like he has been walked down steps his whole life. “Not in particu—“