Hero

Please, please, please comment it will mean the difference between the life and death of this story. Oh and...This is copywrited. I will hunt u down Hahahahahaha. =)

Chapter 1 

Hero or News

It was almost sunset, as 17 year old Lillyal climbed her willow tree. She leaped like a tiger from one swaying branch to another her untamable copper curls billowed like a cape in the wind, her deep blue eyes scanned her surroundings as she heard a rustle from the bushes. Sitting behind the tree, concealed behind said bush was an 18 year old boy. Watching Lillyal intently, he stepped forward from behind his hiding place. Lillyal jumped, turned and landed in front of him, all in one fluid movement (NINJA!!!) before glaring at the boy fiercely

"What are you doing here and why are you spying on me?"  

She demanded. Instead of answering the boy stepped around her and towards the Willow. Lillyal was about to object, but as soon as the his hands touched the rough bark of the immense tree she felt a tingle rush from her head to her toes. 

"What's your name? Why were you watching me?"  

Lillyal asked him, suspicious and wary of this mysterious stranger.  

"I'm not aloud to tell you my real name, but you can call me Hero." Lillyal scoffed "and I followed you here because" he hesitated "because the council told me to." 

Lillyal stared at him incredulously, this boy with a stupid name and stupid motives and stupid hands expected her to believe him? Lillyal stared, her mind a maelstrom of questions as the peculiar feeling that she knew this boy, sent shivers down her spine despite the warm day. Hero shifted his gaze to the foliage over Lillyal's shoulder before nodding his face retaining a petulant expression. Lillyal turned around to see what Hero had nodded to and saw nothing. A question hot on her lips she turned back around to face Hero. Only to find he wasn't there, in the two seconds Lillyal had had her back turned he'd inexplicably disappeared. Though she tried Lillyal couldn't find him, so as the shadows in the clearing lengthened she picked her belongings up from the leaf littered grass and left. 

*

Lillyals feet crunched on her gravel drive-way as she rounded a bend bringing her house into view. She stopped short, not only was her mothers car present but so was her fathers. She walked inside and was dumbfounded again. Both her parents were in the lounge room talking, no... laughing together. Lillyals mother turned and saw her daughter standing there with her mouth gaping and her eyes wide.  

"Come on in hon. We need to tell you something."  

Lillyal walked over and sat on the couch farthest away from her two beaming parents. 

"What is going on?" 

She asked eying them up.  

"Honey. I'm pregnant." Her mum beamed.

*

Lillyal was so shocked the best she could do was mumble a quick goodnight and race up to her room. She walked in and closed the door before flopping onto her bed. 

'Maybe they just don't love me anymore...' She thought 'Maybe they never did.'  

She stared up at her ceiling, her room so dark she couldn't tell if her eyes were open or closed. She contemplated the possible reasons for her parents wanting another child, when they never seemed to want to be around the one they already had. She decided to pose the question to her parents tomorrow before falling into the deepest, darkest sleep she had ever known.

*

Lillyal opened her eyes. A shaft of sunlight shone through her window and onto her face, dilating her pupils instantly and eliciting a grain. She turned her head towards her bedside table and the alarm clock. Registering it's angry numbers, she did a double take. "Crap!" Lillyal shot out of bed hurriedly getting herself ready for school. She shot out of her room and through the kitchen, pausing just long enough to glance at the clock. She sprinted through her dull, red and currently peeling front door. She screamed down her drive way and across three paddocks slowing down just a tad as she neared her bus stop. Lillyal had a few minutes before the bus arrived and used this time to tidy herself up. As the rickety, yellow vehicle neared her, she pulled out her bus pass. Getting onto the rusty thing she flashed the card to her driver. Plonking herself onto the front seat she opened her backpack, fishing through it until she found her novel. She then proceeded to immerse herself in the travesty, romance and drama that is the world if Romeo and Juliet. Not long after the bus pulled away from where she boarded it made an unscheduled stop and a boy in the uniform for her school got on. When the bus started to slow Lillyal was off and away. In no time at all the bell had rung and she was seated in her usual spot in her science class, staring out the window. The teacher Mr.Heratio called the role and started writing on the board. Not long after he was called outside by the Principal. Lillyal could hear the click clack of his shoes as he walked back in. 

"Class we have a new student with us today his name is..." The laughter was so loud and sudden that it cut off the rest off Mr.Heratio's sentence. When Lillyal looked up her face became so pale she could have been mistaken for a ghost. Up the front standing confidently next to her teacher was none other than, Hero. 'This is impossible' she thought. As fate would have it the only seat in the entire class that was free, was the one next to her. As Hero approached her and his new seat, she realised that the stony, serious demeanour from when she had encountered him at the Willow were completely gone. Now present was a mischievous gleam in his hazel eyes and a cheeky set to his full lips. Hero say down setting out his belongings on the desk and copying the questions from the board into his book. Feeling her gaze on his neck he looked across at her, he didn't acknowledge that they had met before, he simply winked and continued with his work.