chapter 1

It can be funny how little people can pay attention. I mean the important stuff not the little stuff. Unlike me I could tell you everything especially bout him except well I feel like lately he has been hiding something big. Ha I wonder if he’ll be able to find out my secret, he’s always seemed to know me better then I knew him or even myself, I had always loved him for that.

            “Cassandra please be careful on your way home I couldn’t stand it if anything happened to you.” Hayden looked at me intensely his dark eyes bearing into mine and his equally dark hair rustling in the wind as he gave me a tiny kiss on the cheek.

            “How can I not get into what I am?” I smiled up at him realizing he was being serious. “I will don’t worry.

            He sighed “I will worry as long as I am not around to keep you safe.” His words sent chills down my spine and he made it more intense when he wrapped a strand of my long red blonde hair around his finger.

            “Thanks but seriously I’m just walking home” I rolled my eyes.

            “Yeah but a lot can happen between here and your house.” He was starting to put my nerves on edge but I had walked home like a billion times before and I wasn’t gonna let myself get scared.

            “Hayden I have to go or my mom will totally kill me.” I laughed at how ironic that sounded. Then turned around and left.

            “I love you.” He shouted behind me as I walked away picking up speed as i went along.

            I was already half way home when I heard footsteps behind me so I turned around and looked but nothing was there.

            “Hello?” I said into midair “who’s there?” I asked then something or someone jumped down in front of me causing me to scream.

            “Come on now don’t scream.” He said which made me want to scream even more but something in me told me not to.

            “Who are you?” I asked through gritted teeth so my voice didn’t waver.

            “Ha trying to act tuff isn’t going to help you here you’re better off acting like the scared little girl you are Cassie.” He chuckled.

            “I am not little and my names Cassandra.” I kicked him in the nose and ran away but not fast enough because in the blink of an eye he was back in front of me.

            “I had always wondered why Hayden went out with a mortal like you.” He paused and laughed “I still don’t know why he’s doing that to himself and you.” His smile gleamed and showed a set of pearl white fangs. Oh my god that’s when I knew I was going to die.

            My legs fell out from under me and I fell to my knees listening to him laughing again.

            “Get up,” He grunted.

            “Why should I?” he bent down looking me in the eyes and cocked his head like he was gonna be sweet but I knew he wasn’t gonna be like that so I braced myself.

            “I’m gonna ask a simple question would you rather be dead or a vampire?” I tried to get up and run but he pulled my leg right out from under me and I fell flat on my but feeling the searing pain run up my spine and started to cry from utter terror.

            “Honestly I’d rather die.” I hissed feeling the anger bubbling up inside.

            “Aw too bad you don’t always get what you want.” He pushed me over and I tried to kick him but he sat on my legs. “Now don’t worry this won’t hurt long.” He grabbed my wrist and bit it.