Step #1: Have an Original Pickup Line

Have an Original Pickup Line

The rambunctious noises in the Westdale Mall food court were ringing in my ears. The large area was filled nearly to capacity with teens, couples, old people, and little kids. The greasy aroma of Chinese food was right under my nose-spicy wasabi sauce and the smell of fried rice being skillfully tossed- made .my mouth start to water.

I glance around the area and spot a few cute girls just four tables away. They were giggling loudly, but their conversation was quiet. Their voices were hard to pick up, but I had enough skills to do it. Seeing pretty girls huddled together talking has that effect on us males. We can hear everything better.

Between all the girls, one of them stuck out the most. With her thick dark brown bangs and soft five year old voice, she was already deemed as adorable. Not adorable as in "That baby is so adorable" but right now there was really no other word to describe her.

My ears begin to drown out everything around me. The sound of the two year old screaming on the top of his lungs was beginning to turn into silence. Only the sound of her sweet voice was registering in my ear. The way her lips curled up when she smiled brought chills. There was just something about her.

"Liam how long are you going to ignore me? I'm trying to talk to you bro," Andrew frantically waves his hands in my face.

I snap my head in his direction faster than I should've and try to play it cool. "I heard what you said. Calm the hell down," I stretch my arms behind my head and focus back on my distraction.

He leans back into his chair and raises an eyebrow at me. "Then what did I say?"

"You said...uh" My words freeze for a moment until I finally shrug my shoulders in defeat. "What the hell did you say?"

A roaring burst of laughter erupts from the idiot sitting across from me. Sad to say, that idiot was my best friend, practically my brother. I watch as small tears start forming in the corners of his eyes. If anyone had the loudest laugh, it was Andrew all the way. No questions asked.

"Okay, forget what I said. What has you so spaced out?" He asks after finally calming down. Thank god that was over, people were starting to stare.

I nod my head towards the cutie that was four tables away from us in the food court. Luckily for me, she was only hanging out with two other girls, who I assumed were her friends. "Isn't she cute?"

Andrew bolts forward and grabs my shoulders tightly. "Bro, that's Emily Howard, Drew's little sister..." His voice trails off.

Drew's little sister? Who would have thought a punk like Drew could even have a sister that actually grew up nicely, especially a hot one. Drew was probably the cockiest bastard on our basketball team and somehow a huge babe magnet. Almost every girl had a fantasy romance with him. A piece of shit like him shouldn't be related to a beautiful girl.

"Please tell me you're joking." I face palm myself.

"No, I'm pretty sure that's her. And she's with Alicia Straitman and Tera Anderson." He scratches the back of his neck uncomfortably and leans back in his chair again. "I'll admit, Tera is kind of hot,"

"Hmm...doesn't look like my type. You should go for her though man," I smirk.

This was typically all Andrew and I did whenever we went to the mall. This is what we did regardless actually, as long as we were together, it was done. We just go around and check out hot chicks. Some we flirt with, others were just for looks, and some might be for more. Then we'd go back to my place. No numbers exchanged, no Facebook requests, and no new follows on Instagram or Twitter. Just a quick flirt and a simple 'goodbye'. For some reason though, this time, I didn't want to leave her with just a 'goodbye'. I wanted more than that. All I wanted was to talk to her.