If You Could See Him Like I Do - Larry Stylinson One Shot AU

[A/N]: Once again another one shot request from a fellow uma cauda finna @cumformelarry xD Plus I really like the idea for this one shot because just sjfsdjskf reasons.

Harry was used to hearing it.

"Who's that?"

"The new kid Harry. Don't go after him."

"Why? Ooh, is he a bad boy?"

"No, but his boyfriend is."

The gossip came from everyone. But the people who talked didn't know Louis like Harry knew Louis. People saw Louis as dangerous, rebellious. And in a way, Louis was those things. But not towards Harry. Never towards Harry.

They'd met at the grocery store Harry worked at in the produce aisle, and Harry was instantly drawn toward the lad. His tanned skin was inked with tattoos, just like Harry's skin, only the boy's tattoos were gloriously shown off by the thin striped tank top the lad wore. A maroon beanie had been tugged onto his hair, a fringe poking out beneath it. He was fairly certain Louis had been a tad hungover that afternoon, but he'd gathered up the nerve that none of his other coworkers would have had and approached the dangerous looking boy.

"Can I help you find something?" Harry asked the shorter lad kindly.

The boy's eyes flickered onto Harry, but they fell on his torso instead of his face, "You're in an apron."

"Erm," Harry chuckled. "It's part of the uniform. Blue apron over white dress shirt and tan chinos. I didn't come up with it."

"Alrighty then," Louis scratched at his beanie clad head and squinted to read Harry's name tag. "Harry... I'm Louis, I don't have a snazzy uniform or name tag, and I'm looking for celery."

Harry stifled another laugh as he pointed to the green vegetable laying right in front of the boy, "That?"

Louis' eyebrows lifted again and his blue eyes met Harry's green ones, "Are you being smart with me?"

The lad's tone wasn't threatening, nor was his stance a threat, but Harry cringed, "No man, I was just-"

"Kidding," Louis barked out a laugh, then winced and rubbed at his head. "Ah... I think I'm going to need some paracetamol as well. Think you could show me it?"

"Sure," Harry breathed in relief, motioning so the boy would follow him.

Harry had a strange feeling that buying things weren't what Louis normally did. Then again, he couldn't really allow himself to stereotype. He showed Louis to the medicine, and Louis picked it up and examined it, "Thanks, mate."

"Anything else?" Harry asked.

"Can I have your number?" Louis grinned cheekily, and Harry was taken aback.

"What?"

"Your number," Louis repeated. "Assuming you're gay, that is."

"Well I'm bi, but I'm not really allowed to give out my number to customers I'm pretty sure so-" Harry replied nervously.

"I'm not allowed to steal things from gas stations either, but that's never stopped me," Louis informed him, and Harry could feel his eyes widen. His stereotyping hadn't been incorrect.

"You are planning on paying for these things, right?" Harry asked slowly.

"Hmm," Louis pursed his lips. "I don't know, do you think I should?"

"Yes. I think you should always pay for things."

"I'll make you a deal," Louis leaned closer, tucking his produce and medicine under his arm to dig a receipt from his pocket and then snatched the pen that stuck out from Harry's apron. "You write your number on this, and I'll use the twenty pound note that's in my pocket to buy the celery and the paracetamol."