Chapter 12

^ my 50th fan :D

I got 2,000 reads! So here's another chapter to say thanks :)

------------------------------

"So, don’t forget your assignment’s due in for tomorrow..."

Mr Hammond’s voice was drowned out by the noise of the students gathering up their belongings and making a dash for the door as the sound of the bell rung through the classroom.

Chelsie slipped her books back into her bag and stood up from her seat, ignoring the dirty looks that were being burnt into her back from Alyssa and Olivia.

"Bye Mr Hammond!" Alyssa winked, giving him a small flirty wave as she passed his desk.

"Loser," she then hissed, as Chelsie rolled her eyes and made her way to the door to join Fred.

"Can you get any more immature than them?"

"I think you’ll find the answer to that is… no."                         

"I can’t believe Olivia even considered being friends with her," Chelsie ranted. "She’s such a bitch!"

"Come on, we’ve got to get to gym," Fred said, gesturing for his friend to hurry up. "Coach Damon’s going to kill us if we’re late."

"Alyssa’s changed her so much," she continued, hardly listening to Fred. "What I can’t understand is why she’s suddenly being so nice to her. It must be part of some plan or something."

"Or maybe she’s just… changed?" Fred paused, considering the idea. "Maybe she actually wants to be friends with her? I don’t know."

"Are you kidding me? Alyssa? Being nice to someone?" she raised her eyebrows, hardly believing the words that were coming out of Fred’s mouth. "Is she blackmailing you or something?"

A small smile crept onto his face. "No, it’s just… I don’t know."

"This is the same Alyssa who spread the rumour about you being gay in sixth grade. Do you even remember that?"

Fred paused, as the memory came back to him. All those lunches spent sitting alone, everyone scared to come near him in case it was some kind of contagious disease. That had been one of the worst times in his life. It had taken years to shake that all off, to stop everyone believing those rumours. Some guys still weren’t comfortable around him now, as if they were scared he was going to make a move on them.

"I don’t know. Maybe that wasn’t her."

"Do you hear yourself? Has the world gone mad?" Chelsie looked up to the ceiling, as if some God was going to come down from the sky and tell her what the hell was going on.

"Okay, okay. Maybe she is up to something."

Chelsie made a silent ‘Thank you!’ motion towards the sky.

"But even so, it’s hardly anything to do with us. If Olivia wants to be friends with those bitches, isn’t that her decision? I’m sure she’ll see sense soon enough, anyway. It’s kind of her loss, anyway."

Chelsie sighed. "Why aren’t you bothered about this?"

"I don’t know," Fred said, shrugging. "Should I be?"

"Well, you were so checking her out when she sat with us at lunch. And I’m pretty sure that you enjoyed looking at her in her swimsuit in gym on Monday." She smiled. "Face it, Fredders, you totally have a crush on her. And now you’re going to let her be turned into another Alyssa clone!"

"What? No! I don’t have a crush on her," Fred denied, but even he could not stop the colour of his face transforming from a pale ivory to a somewhat pinkish shade.

"Oh, really?" Chelsie smiled smugly, folding her arms as they continued down the hallway. "You know, you would’ve made a cute couple. If Alyssa hadn’t made her into a huge slut, that is. Oh, crap!" she exclaimed, as she noticed the time that was displayed on the large wall clock that was hanging above them. They were late for gym class. "Now, we are really dead."

***

"We really shouldn’t be doing this…" Olivia bit her lip as she watched Alyssa play around with the combination dial on the locker. The hallway was eerily empty and the rest of their class were swimming endless laps in the pool. There was only a certain amount of time before someone realised they were somewhere they shouldn’t be.

"Oh, quit your whining," Alyssa rolled her eyes, still concentrating on the dial, which wasn’t budging at all. "You want to get back at that bitch Chelsie, don't you?"

"Well, yeah…"

"And I told you I’d help. This is totally going to work, I’m telling you."

"Coach Damon will kill us if she knows we’ve cut class. Literally. Kill us. I don’t really want to die an early death."

"Oh, whatever. Daddy will get us out of it if she starts on us." She shrugged. "This damn locker! What’s wrong with it?"

She banged her hand against the locker in frustration, and then drew back in pain. "For God’s sake, now I’ve broke a nail! I only had these done yesterday!"

"Here, let me try," Olivia said, reaching over. She was just keen to get this over with before they all got caught. Alyssa might be able to get away with murder in this school, but it was very different for her. There was only so far you could get in a place like this without stack loads of money.

With a close inspection of the mechanism and a few twists and turns in the right direction, the locker sprung open and Olivia stepped back, admiring her handiwork.

"How’d you manage to do that?!" Alyssa said, still cradling her hand.

Olivia shrugged, smiling. "I don’t know. I guess you learn some stuff from being a nerd, right?"

"Ew. Look at all these books. AP Chemistry? And she doesn’t have a mirror in here at all! What the fuck is wrong with her? How does she reapply make-up between classes? God, no wonder she looks like a tramp all the time."

"I think you’re kind of missing the point of a locker," Olivia smiled, as the image of Alyssa’s mirror-filled pink fluffy locker came to her mind.

"Whatever. Just chuck the stuff in somewhere visible and let’s get the hell out of here," Alyssa said, glancing over her shoulder.

She took the item from Olivia’s outstretched hand – a small, sealed plastic bag that contained an unidentifiable white powder - and placed it on the first pile of books inside, where it was to be easily seen, before shutting the locker again. She turned and smiled smugly at Olivia.

"Now," she said. "All we need is a little tip off to Mr Delmar."