Chapter 2 - excuses and surprises

You've asked for it now its here!!!! CHAPTER 2!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2

I'm so mad at peeta. He had me seduced! That should tbe illegal in Panem!!! Like really having your former best friend who LOVED you hear you. God I'm going to kill peeta!

It's Monday today. On these days me and peeta usually sell bread at the hob so that's where I'm headed now.

"Hey...catnip..." Says the one and only Gale Hawthorne.

"Hey...What's up" I say in an attempt to make a conversation.

"So you and...mellark huh?"

"Yea I guess"

"You two in a serious relationship or what?" Is he freaking serious? We moved in with each other! and he knows it!

"Yes gale, we are" I state simply annoyed.

"Sorry just wanted to know.."

"Know what?" I demanded

"Well it's a bit embarrassing..." Oh no that's it I'm killing peeta.

"Well when you declined my request to stay with you so I asked the drunk." He said a bit embarrassed.

"He accepted so I was chatting with him and a hear a voice very similar to yours screaming these ridiculous things that which changed the way I thought of you actually." He said while scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"Ok?" This is it he's going to say it. Maybe I'm still considered mental and won't be taken away for killing peeta?

"Anyways I have some... Ideas of what you done but... Care to explain?"

"Pshhh... Me and peeta doing those things? No..." I said hoping he wouldn't ask for more of an explanation.

"Then what were you doing?" Asks gale clearly interested.

"We...meaning peeta and I were..."I trailed off trying to stall.

"Katniss! Stop trying to stall me! I want to know!"

Then at this horrible moment of all people peeta has to come!

"Hey honey bun!" Says peeta making this even weirder.

I give peeta the 'knock it off ' look. He seemed not to notice gale because he slightly looked confused.

"Katniss are you mad at me? You're not pregnant are you?!"

I mentally faced palmed myself. Now gale has more of a clue of what we did!

"Hey peeta" says gale looking quite shocked.

"OHHHH...hey galarino! Didn't see you there. Anyways, how long we're you there?"

"A while..." Says gale probably wasn't expecting the nickname peeta thought for him.

"So what were you and katniss doing yesterday?" Asks gale

Why does he have to be so curious!?

"Me and...katniss?" Says peeta probably thinking of something.

I had to act fast! So I said the first thing that came to my head...

"WE WERE BAKING FOR THE POOR!!" I scream earning me some glares.

"You were? At midnight and you had to be screaming these crazy stuff?" Asks gale questionably.

"It was peeta who was acting like a child..."