Chapter Twelve - Part Two

FRANK'S POV

As I made my way across the caffeteria from getting my food- cottage pie, apparently, though the smell and look of it beg to differ.- to go to the rocks behind the Gym, where I usually ate, when suddenly a leg appears out of nowhere, sending me- and my lunch- flying. I land on my face with a thud, my lunch all over the floor. Oh, just what I need, more bruises.

"Better watch your feet, Iero, you could really hurt yourself." came a mocking voice.

From the floor, I inspected the shoe of the culprit and looked upwards to confirm my suspicions. Of course... I thought, Jason, the school bully.

Jason was taller and wider than Frank, he wasn't one of the jocks, even they knew to stay away from him. He had dark pits for eyes and a blonde close shaved head and a permanant mean look on his face. Today he wore a menacing grin. Everyone knew to stay away from Jason. Of course, he had a band of followers, though, not as psychotic as him. Word has it that they're into drugs of the non-prescription kind.

I sighed and got up, I really couldn't deal with this today. It wasn't the worst school day I've had but I just felt- tired, I suppose.

I wiped the remains of my food off of the now empty tray and turned the other way, but before I could fully get away a giant hand clasped me on the shoulder and turned me around sharply.

He was still grasping my shirt when he asked, "Didn't your Mummy ever teach you any manners, Iero? You gotta speak when you're spoken to." he mocked and shoved me onto the disregarded food that lay on the floor, turning the heads of most of the cafeteria, I could sense what was going to happen next.

"WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON HERE?!" came a booming voice from the cafeteria doors.

Mr Leader, the PE teacher and coach for our school's football team,marched angrily towards our group and the crowd that had gathered around us suddenly scattered.

"I said, what on earth is going on here?" he repeated. The coach had dealt with Jason before, Jason lies but the coach knew what kind of person he was, he was fair with his punishments.

"Fighting in my school! Detention for all of you boys! Yes, and you, Iero, I didn't expect this kind of behaviour from you, and Jason, one more incident like this and you're expelled," he paused, "after school in the gym, be there." he finished and walked out.

Sometimes, he was sometimes fair.

Jason grinned at me and left with his posse.

After school PE? Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

The rest of the day went by in a kind of blur, same patronising cunts, same slutty stuck up girls, same jock assholes, same dirty looks...

Every day, every hour, every minute, every second...

Time seems to go on forever but fast at the same time, the same bullshit being replayed for days, it makes me just wanna run. I don't need this, when the fuck will Pythagoras Theorem matter? When has it ever mattered? We're just gonna grow old, get married (or not) and die, if that's what it all comes down to then what is the actual point in trying to fix a world that's already broken?

Wow.

This is why I shouldn't be woken up on Mondays.