Chapter 2

Hi guys here's chapter two!!

******************************************************************************************

'You take my breath away'

I woke the next morning and turned on the TV in the living room, just channel surfing when something caught my attention. I'm not one to usually watch the news, its really depressing, so I avoid it. Despite that the news caster now had my full interest.

"Yes, it was just confirmed last night, there was a prison break at the North Carolina jail. Three fugitives have escaped one has been recovered, another named Jorel Decker was discovered ten miles from the prison with multiple stab wounds from a sharp tree limb. The last escapee remains at large and her name is Vanessa McNalra, the police are urging everyone to remain on the look out for this woman, she is a highly dangerous serial killer and is now wanted for her fellow prison mate's murder. Please if you have any information call the police station at once."

My hands started shaking, to the point my hot coffee was sloshing on my hands.

"What's wrong mommy?" Ainsley called making me drop the cup out of fear.

I quickly snapped out of it and grabbed some paper towels from the kitchen to clean up the spilt coffee as I said, "Its nothing honey, you just scared mommy."

"You crying." She tells me putting her tiny pale hand on my cheek. I rubbed my hand under my other eye finding that she was right. 

"I'm fine baby, don't worry about me." I tell her as I stop wiping up the mess to hug her for a moment.  I was terrified now, what if Vanessa finds us? What if she finds out about Ainsley? She'll come after her and no doubt kill the rest of us. How was I supposed to keep my family safe?

I let out a sigh and began cleaning once again, after that I quickly threw away the wet paper towels and made Ainsley a bowl of cereal. It wasn't long after I had sat down with my own bowl that Shawn walked into the kitchen. He placed a kiss on top of Ainsley's head before giving me one as well.

"Hey the guys and are gonna go to the studio and work on the album today, do you and Ain want to come with me?"

"Please mommy!" Ainsley begged with a smile and bright eyes.

I sighed feeling bad that we had to go the doctor, "We can't she has to go for another check up."

Shawn sighed as well, then stated, "Okay well maybe next time. I'm going to go get dressed then leave, alright?"

"Sounds good, what time do you think you'll be back?"  

"Not too late hopefully!" He replied as he made his way back down the hall.

By the time I was cleaning up our small breakfast Shawn was back in the living room. He quickly came into the kitchen wrapping his arms around my waist from behind placing his lips just behind my ear as he breathed, "You're making up for last night, later you are mine."

I sucked in a deep breath from slight shock and excitement as I chuckled, "Okay then."

He dropped his sly smirk as he picked up Ainsley from her chair to tell her goodbye and after Shawn left I quickly got Ainsley ready to leave. I was trying to stay busy so I wouldn't have time to think about what I had just heard on the news. As I locked up to leave I double checked all the doors and windows just in case. On my way to  the doctors office I decided to mentally plan out Ain's upcoming birthday even though its so hard to believe that she's almost already three years old.

The trip to the doctors was uneventful and on the ride back home Ainsley fell asleep in her car seat, so when we finally got back I put her down for a nap. Suddenly an idea struck me, I wonder who was investigating on Vanessa's disappearance. So I picked up my cell and dialed the officer that helped me pin her the first time.