Chapter 9

A/N You shoud like it. You'll probably hate ME, but like the CHAPTER. :D

Chapter 9

            To any normal person, being interrupted is annoying. To a person like me, who was being forced to talk for the first time in years, being interrupted is a blessing. To Anton, who looked like he was almost excited as a kid on Christmas morning, being interrupted is a huge frustration; if his harsh scowl and growl said anything.

            As the front door abruptly opened and banged against the opposite wall, I jumped in fright, quickly locating myself behind Anton; you know, as a precaution. In my life, I had learned that the sound of a door harshly being opened was never a good sign. I clutched the back of Antons' coat, fighting against the memories that threatened to assault me.

            The door slammed open... rage in his eyes, anger simply pouring from him ... Christian raised his hand...

            I took a deep breath, feeling my heat stutter in a dangerous way. I held Anton even tighter, pressing my forehead against his back. I tried to force the memories away and pay more attention to the outside world.

            I heard Anton let out a growl, one that left me shuddering in its wake-but this time, it wasn't a shiver of fear. He reached around to me, grasping my wrist in his hand and I felt his body stiffen.
            "What is it, Armando?" he barked out, sounding anything but pleased.

            "Rouges, a whole moving pack of them," I heard Armandos' heavy accented voice growl. I didn't know what a rouge was, so I didn't understand the danger, but Anton seemed to as he let out an annoyed snarl. When he spoke again, his voice was horse and gritty, making him sound even more animal like.

            "Danny, Derek!" he called, his voice harsh and threatening. I jumped slightly at their sudden appearance. Despite their usual fun and bickering attitudes, they both wore straight faces and serious expressions now. Anna appeared abruptly behind them, a mixture of both confusion and worry etched onto her features.

            "Take Emily upstairs to her room; no one goes in, or out, until I come back. Understand?" I cringed away slightly at the bite in Antons' voice, but the twins merely nodded, not even batting an eye lid. They both stepped forward and grabbed one of my arms each simultaneously, but before they could go anywhere, Anton turned around to face me. Gripping my head in his hands, he stared down at me intently.

            "Listen to Derek and Danny, do whatever they say, and don't leave the room; do you understand? Do not leave the room," he instructed in a low, strong voice. I felt my mouth go dry as he eyed me; his jaw tight and eyes seeming to stare right though me. I had recently learned that I wasn't very good at being put on the spot, and so this was my initial reaction as everyone in the room stared at me.

            I nodded quickly, wanting very much to leave the room as fast as possible. After searching my eyes-or my soul-once more, Anton let me go. The twins wasted no time in pulling me towards the stairs, pretty much carrying, one arm still gripped in each hand. Basically, before I could blink, they were placing me inside the room I had spent the night in. Anna quickly followed in after; shutting the door and locking the locks that I had just realized were there.