Chapter Thirty-Seven

AHHH! I think you guys are gonna like this chapter :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ross' Point of View:

When you're sitting on a tour bus, there's only so much you could do. Take my brothers and sisters for example. Rocky was past out on his bunk, Riker and Rydel were watching some random movie, Ryland and Ratliff were playing a video game. And I was sitting at the table staring at the calendar on my phone. Friday: Prom.

“You know staring at it won't make it go away.” Mom rubbed my back as she sat down next to me.

“What if I don't want to make it go away?” I whispered. “I had the whole night planned out for us. We'd take pictures, then we'd all take a limo to the dance. And maybe afterwards Roxy and I would go off on our own, maybe a moonlit walk.” I scoffed to myself and rose from the table. “But now it's all just a dream.” I gave my mom a kiss on the head before walking away to my bunk.

Just two more days until Prom is over.

~~~

“Thank you, Maine!” Riker shouted into his microphone after our final show in Maine later that night. The fans were going crazy as we ran off the stage.

“I can't believe tour is over!” Rydel draped her arms around Ratliff's shoulder. All made our way backstage to cool down before the meet and greet.

I threw myself onto the couch and pulled out my cell phone, checking my twitter.

@RoxHill: Prom tomorrow night! Cant wait! #Prom #OSP

I sighed and threw my phone back into my pocket. I looked up to see Riker staring at me. I just shook my head and stood up. “We ready to go?”

“Let's rock this!” Rocky shouted, jumping onto Ratliff's back. I slowly followed them out of the room. Riker made his way next to me. I could feel his hand on my shoulder.

I looked up to him. “I don't know if I can do this anymore, Riker.” We stopped walking and moved to the side of the hallway. My oldest brother pulled me into a hug as I started to cry. “Everywhere I look, it feels like I see Roxy. And I just can't take it anymore! I miss her so much.”

“Okay, okay.” Riker rubbed my back. “Ross, breath.” He pulled out his cell phone and started to dial a number. “Rydel, let me talk to dad.” I heard the switching of hands. “Dad, I'm her with Ross. He can't go out there right now. No dad, he's backstage crying his eyes out.”

I heard dad mumble, and Riker hung up the phone. “Come on, let's get you back to the bus.” He led me back to the bus where we met everybody else.

Instead of going to my bunk, I walked over to the freezer and grabbed the pint of cookie dough ice cream. I plopped myself onto the couch with my sister. She wrapped her arm around me, resting her head on my shoulder. “You okay?”

I nodded my head. “Guys, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break down like that. I just saw one too many Rossy posters, one too many tweets, and I just lost it. I'm sorry.”

Mom walked over to me and rested her hand on my shoulder. “Sweetie, why don't you go on up to your bunk and lay down.” She gently grabbed the pint of ice cream. I sighed and made my way over to the bunks. With a heavy sigh, I fell into the bunk, only to hit some papers. I sighed and reached under myself.

I was about to discard the papers until I got a good look at them. “Mom, what is this?” I jumped out of the bunk and ran over to my parents in the back of the bus.

“That is your plane ticket back to LA.” She smiled. “And this is your tux for prom.” She held up a black bag. “You leave at nine tomorrow morning.”

~~~

The next morning with my bags packed, I sat in the back of the bus with my phone in hand. I dialed a familiar number. My heart pounded as the phone rang. “Hello?”

“Danny, I need your help.” I exclaimed.

“Hey, nice to hear from you, too.” Oh great he was being sarcastic. And I thought Danny was the nice one. Crap! “What do you want?”

I told him everything that happened that night. “So can you help me?” I begged. “I just want to see her.”

I heard him sigh deeply on the other side. “Fine. But I have to make some calls.”

~~~

Four hours later I stepping off the plane expecting to see Danny waiting for me. I was surprised to see Michael and Grace standing there with a smile on their faces. “Ross.” Grace wrapped her arms around me, holding me tight.

“Hey mama,” I called her by a nickname. “How are you?”

“So much better now that you are here.” We started to walk towards the car. “Now, let's go get you already for prom.”

We spent the whole afternoon getting ready. It was crazy how much goes into getting ready for a dance, especially prom.

When it came time to leave, I found myself standing in Roxy's room. Looking in the full length the mirror, I smiled to myself. Tonight is the night. “Time to get the girl.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think? Thoughts, reactions?

Who's excited for the next chapter!?! :D

Comment, fan, vote!!!

Lots of love - Raz