They Found Out

"Samaar, is there anything wrong?" My dad asked me in a whisper, while we were all sitting at the dinning table with Sheath's family and my family... well except Sarah. She and her sleep. My dad was sitting right beside me.

"What? Why?" I asked. He gave me a look and shrugged.

"You don't seem the same." I smiled.

"Are you suggesting I'm not your daughter or something?" I asked, with my eyebrows raised. He let out a laugh.

"It's because you're my daughter that I know something's wrong, Samaar." He said, as he asked my mom for salt. It was true that my dad knew something was off about me when I didn't talk much. But this time is different. It's not that something's gone wrong in life for me... It's just that I don't know what to do nowadays. Yusra thinks I've become totally anti-social, because all I do is smile and nod when someone talks to me. I don't try making conversations anymore and I just find life a little peaceful.

"But there actually isn't... anything wrong with me." I whispered back.

"Than why are you so quiet?" He asked. Okay... something might be off, but I can't tell.

--------------------------------------------

After dinner I passed by mom and dad's room and found Sarah awake. She wasn't crying. She was just staring at the wall across from her. I went into the room and kissed her on her forehead.

"I wish we could change places..." I said, without realizing it. "Oh yes! I could be you and you could be me! Work out a miracle Sarah!" I said grinning. "On second thought... I don't wanna be stuck in a baby's body..." She was laughing. But she was still looking at the wall across from her. Weird.

I walked out of the room and heard foot steps coming up the stairs. Aakifah? I looked into our room. She was already there. It's probably Aunty, I guess. But no... It was dad.

"Samaar, I have to ask you something."

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"Let's go out for ice-cream! Your mom said to tell you and Aakifah to get ready."

"Only us?" I asked.

"Yeah, so hurry up and come down to the car." I tilted my head.

"Okay."

After me and Aakifah got ready, we went downstairs. Aakifah saw Subhee and made a run for the car.... What is that supp...osed to mean?

I bumped into Sheath, and I didn't look up.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Just outside for some ice cream.." I replied as I looked up.

"Oh... have fun then..." He said.

"Thanks...?" I replied as I went on ahead.

-----------------------------------

We were having blizzards at Dairy Queen.... and everyone was looking at me.

"What?" I asked them all.

"Do you still not want to get married?" My mom asked me. My dad got up and told us there's a park around here. It was 10 o'clock at night...

We all got up and got to the park in five minutes. We used to do this a lot when we were kids... but we were too old for this.

"I'm fine with it." I said, after my dad asked me the same question. Besides it wasn't going to be me breaking off the engagement. It's going to be Sheath. That's his responsibility.

"Aakifah, Samaar... Your dad is working out fine, so we might be moving out of the house after you both graduate." My mom said. Aakifah just stared at Sarah who was about to break out crying in my dad's arms.

"After we both graduate?" I asked.

"Yeah... Aakifah will graduate this year and you'll graduate next year." My dad said. "So... if you don't want to marry into that household, tell us."

I do... but, "I don't want to." I blurted out, and I was already holding back my tears. "I'm only sixteen years old!"

I don't want to get married to him if he doesn't want to...

___________________________________________________________________

Asalaamualaykum wa rehmatullahi wa barakaatuh!

It's a short chapter I know, but it's also going to be the last one I update before my exams. My exams are at least three weeks ahead and I have to start working on my culminating essays and start studying. I'm a HUGE procrastinator so... you might see me publishing a couple of more chapters? I guess.

As for your comments I REALLY REALLY REALLY love reading them. Sometimes I smile so big my sisters might as well just ask me 'what's wrong with you? didn't you just throw a tantrum two seconds ago?' But nowadays... I'm so lazy I can barely reply to them.  

WARNING: This story might end in a couple of more chapters or it might actually go on a bit longer so I do hope you guys can keep reading, voting and commenting. And also....I love you guys! ^.^

Peace! + Salaam!