Interview with Author: KC-Blares (KC)

WATTPAD AUTHOR INTERVIEW

'KC' is one of the nicest, funniest people I've met on Wattpad. She's such a talented young writer and she's been such a big help to me in the past with some of my newer written works that are being posted on my other account. Her story "I don't mate with Jerks" was one of the first werewolf stories I read on this site and it will always be a favourite of mine, so it was an honour to be given the chance to interview her and get to know her a little more! Thanks, KC!

Name:  KC Blares

Age: YA - Young Adult.

Author of: I don't Mate with Jerks, I can't Give in, (IDMWJ Trilogy) Project Blood Moon, Project Reborn, (PBM Trilogy), Good Girls don't Bite, Alpha's Poison, Nightshade, Maxine's Territory, Midnight Symphony, Frostbite, and hopefully many more to come :)

When did you first join Wattpad and what possessed you to join?

         I joined Wattpad on June 25, 2011 and I was compelled to join by friends who worked with me on my first story, a "The Outsiders" fan fiction. They had posted the story and when I saw how cool Wattpad was, I decided to make an account.

Did you begin writing before you discovered Wattpad, or was Wattpad and your friends what inspired you to start writing?

      At one point, writing was just something to comfort me, but then I joined Wattpad and it became a hobby. I had written small, short stories and poems on my own before I knew about Wattpad, but when I joined the cite I really began to write stories and stepped out of my comfort zone.

What inspired you to write IDMWJ?

       As soon as I joined the Wattpad Community, I noticed werewolf stories were popular. My favorite animal has always been the wolf and I had always been interested in Cryptozoology (not sure if that's spelled right) but never found any teen-fiction books of the sort at the time. IDMWJ was collaboration of events at the time. And what I mean by that is that I wanted to write a werewolf novel (I had started one but it didn't turn out very well), I was being harassed more often so the emotions I had were raw when the idea came, and my father had recently passed. When I felt upset, stressed, or sad, I turned to writing to get the emotions out and that's where IDMWJ came from; my life turned into a werewolf, teen-fiction with a different story-line pressed into the mix.

Did you ever expect the reaction you got for IDMWJ?

       Absolutely not, lol. I had posted three or four chapters in only a couple days and was really surprised when I had people commenting and liking; it was new because not many people had done so on my other stories. Plus, I never thought of myself as a "good writer."

Do you believe that the influence and preferrences of your fans altered how you wanted the story to turn out because of the negative/positive feedback you would receive?

         No. I don't like to write by what other people are saying because it then feels like they've written it themselves and not I. I appreciate critiques, comments that will improve my writing in general, but nothing that alters the story that's already in my mind. And I wrote IDMWJ the way I wanted to, despite some comments, because it was my world, the one I created and the people were of my creation, not some person's from elsewhere on the globe.

How long exactly did it take you to write IDMWJ?

        It took me a little more than a year to finish, I believe.