Follow You Down

Follow You Down

Adeline Frost

PLEASE READ:

By payment of required fees, you have been granted the non-exclusive, non-transferable right to access and read the text of this eBook. No part of this text may be reproduced, transmitted, downloaded, decompiled, photoshoped, reverse engineered, or stored in or introduced into any information storage and retrieval system, in any form or by any means, whether electronic or mechanical, now known or hereinafter invented without the express written permission of copyright owner.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events or locales are purely coincidental.

The reverse engineering, uploading, and/or distributing of this eBook via the internet or via any other means without the permission of the copyright owner is illegal and punishable by law. Please purchase only authorized electronic editions, and do not participate in or encourage electronic piracy of copyrighted materials. Your support of the author's rights is appreciated.

Thank you for supporting me, and I hope you enjoy my book.

- Adeline Frost

Prologue:

An entirely eerie chill crept up Gabriella's spine. She stood directly in front of the vanity mirror, shaking. Her hand slowly crept to touch her reflection, the tips of her finger smoothing along the cold mirror as she caressed her cheek's reflection. Was this really who she was? Her heart so shriveled up and cold, her cheeks blanched with despair? Gabriella's heart ached as she looked at the coldest blue eyes that stared directly back at her. The wisps of shiny blonde tresses framing her face were a disturbing contrast to the hollowness of her eyes. Her pale pink lips parted as she let out a agonized groan, scratching her nails against the mirror. Her eyes shut, no longer able to look at the reflection that was bereft of life.

Chapter 1:

It seemed as though all I thought about was Dean, Dean, Dean, Dean. Finding it hard to believe that we were already in college, time seemed to just past by. Only two years ago, Dean was shamelessly flirting with me in our Chemistry class. The more I came to realize that our relationship was fading, I became worried. Every second of the day, I wanted to call Dean. Text him. See him. Ask if he still loved me. Behind the weary grin and the distant green eyes, I knew it was coming.

That didn't mean I was prepared for it. It came at me with full force, on the day I least expected. The hot California heat was getting to me as I lugged my suitcase up the stairs. My dark brunette hair was tied up in a messy ponytail, wisps of the shorter pieces falling around my face. The plain white shirt I wore seemed disgusting, drenched with sweat. I could already tell I wasn't the most attractive view to the upperclassmen. Huffing, I whipped out my phone to text Dean, asking if he'd settled in yet. I had honestly believed he was going to come help me, but he had decided to settle in his precious frat house. With no reply from Dean, I got back to work.

Pushing away the loose strands of hair from my face, I managed to get one more suitcase up the stairs. Eyeing the other two mocking me from the bottom of the steps, I chewed on my bottom lip, debating whether or not to abandon them. I honestly wished they would grow wings and fly to my dorm. Deciding to take a breif break, I sat down next to my suitcase. I glared at the other heavy suitcases awaiting me at the bottom. I smiled as I pictured the image of two suitcases flying into the dorm. If only, I sighed. While in my small day dream, I hadn't noticed that the suitcases had actually simultaneously lifted up the ground. Looking up, I instantly recognized Dean.