Chapter One: Graduation

• Dedicated to PrincessPenelope, who thought of this amazing title

Mom squeezed me tightly. "I'm so proud of you, Roxanne!" She wiped a tear away from her face. "Congratulations on finally graduating high school." She pulled me in for one last hug. "If your father was here, he would've so proud of you too." I dropped my head. I hated it when she brought up Dad. "Well, I'm going to go look for your brother now." I nodded obediently. "Now where did he go?", she murmured. The briefest flashback of my Dad came back to me all of a sudden. The way he scooped me up everyday after he came back home from work and said, "Roxy, my little little Roxy."

"Roxy babe!" It was Tony, I groaned. "You are such a dick." Babe? Even after what happened last night, he still calls me, babe?

As I tried to run away, he caught up, swinging around in font of me and blocking my way.

"Don't go," he chuckled.

"Leave me alone, Tone."

"Not yet."

Before I could even stop him, Tony folded me into his arms and bent me backwards, slightly lifting me off the ground. I winced, struggling for awhile, but he smiled.

"Let go of me!"

I glared at him with both of my hands on his chest, trying to push him away.

"Come on, babe. I know you want me back." he smirked.

"Not after what you did to me last night." I huffed.

"Look, I know things have gotten a little out of hand these past few days," he said in a hushed tone,"But I care for you, Rox. I really do. And I didn't mean to hurt you."

Then, he started to kiss me, softly at first. He tugged gently on my hair, making my head tilt backwards a bit. He moved down to my bottom lips, sucking it. Then moving his tongue just past my teeth. I slowly closed my eyes and pressed my lips against his.

Wait, no, what the hell am I doing kissing a guy who just cheated on me?

Tony watched as my eyes widened then quickly narrowed. I finally pushed him off of me. I wiped my mouth with the sleeves of my graduation gown. I spat on the ground, gross. Daniella came running across the field. She gasped and dropped the cup of lemonade she was holding. "Roxanne Marigold Pennington. Just what the hell are you thinking of? Kissing Tony? That's not even the worst part, french kissing?" She shivered and stared at me with disgust.

"I wasn't thinking..." I grumbled.

"Well well, just look at what the wind blew in." Tony managed to break the awkward silence.

"Can you do us all a favor here, Tone?", her sarcastic smile showing. "Just shup up, will you?" Daniella glared at him with her wild hazel colored eyes. "Come on now Rox." She tugged on my sleeves. "What the hell, Dani? What the hell?" Tony shouted from behind us. Just as Dani and I slipped out of his sight, I glanced back. "Roxy, Roxy, Roxy, can't you just trust me this one time when I tell you that forgiving Tony would be a very, very bad idea?"

I let out sigh of relief. "I'm not planning on forgiving him, Dani. Relax, it was...just a kiss." I shrugged and walked away, completely ignoring Daniella. "Just a kiss?" she snarled. "Just? Are you out of your friggin mind?" I rolled my eyes. I was really starting to get annoyed at Daniella bugging me 24/7 about Tony. I dropped my hands on her shoulders and looked her in the eye directly. "Look Dani, I'm not going to forgive him. Ever. Not in a million years, okay? So don't worry. It wasn't like I wanted him to kiss me anyway."

Daniella stared at me in the eyes. "Swear on your little brothers life that you won't ever forgive him?"

I shook my head with my eyebrows raised. "Dani...what exactly does Connor have to do with all of this?" I laughed.

"Oh whatever." She said shaking her head. "Just listen," she said shotting me a look. "Don't you dare forgive Tony Bremen or our friendship is over, got it?"

I shrugged. "I guess so."

I shivered, thinking back to Tony. The way his tongue moved inside my mouth. I rubbed my mouth, glad that the kiss is already over.

Daniella tapped on my shoulders. "Oh! We're having a graduation party in Vegas tonight. Are you coming?"

I glanced up. "Vegas?" I'm not much of a party girl, so Vegas was just a little bit too extreme for me since I don't drink.

An evil grin formed on her face. "Mhmm, we're talking about Las Vegas. Home of Casinos, bars, and major hotties." She winked at me.

I chuckled. Well, here goes for nothing. "Alright then, I guess we're going to Vegas tonight!"