Chapter 51

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 51

~Arlie P.O.V.~

I drove over to Heather's parent's house and laughed to myself because the last time I was here, I had climbed through the window on the second story to avoid being caught by her Dad. Oh how the times have changed and I don't miss having to be sneaky just to have a night of fun.

Getting out of the car and walking up the driveway, again I had to mentally prepare myself for what was to come. For all I know she could have chilled out and thought about the situation or she started to think too hard into the issue and prepared a series of reasons as to why she was right and I was wrong. Anyways, I knocked on her door and waited with my hands in my pockets and yawn coming from me. She answered the door, her hair still in curls and she remained in her pajamas- I think that's my shirt. It looks oddly familiar and I know I'm missing a shirt from my drawer.

"You gonna yell first or me?" I asked as I walked inside and closed the door behind me. "Honestly I didn't come over here to yell, the choice is yours." I continued to follow her up the stairs and right up to her room. Slipping off my jacket, I set it on the end of her bed and took a seat. Looking around the room, I saw pictures of us from old dates and it made me smile for about half a second till I came across pictures of her ex, Joey, on the wall as well. "So Joey's still a thing huh?"

"Don't even start with him-"

"I'm not, I'm just askin'. I didn't come here to talk about him but since he's right there, thought I might as well just ask the question." I said with a casual shrug.

"That's like me asking if Ivette's still a thing." She shot back with that jealous kind of venom that came everything that female's name was ever brought up.

"I can't believe you're still jealous of her. I haven't talked to her since I was fourteen, I know you're still talkin' to Joey. Well once he gets out of Juvy, I already know-"

"Stop." She said taking a deep breath. "This isn't something to even be arguing over."

"No one was arguing, just adding information to the conversation." I said with a small laugh. "You wanna touch the subject of Nicole or do you realize all I'm gonna say is shit that'll debunk all your points?" I continued to laugh which eventually got a small chuckle out of her. "See? Why argue when we can just laugh." I fell back onto the bed and let her climb right on top of me so she was straddling me. She reached down and grabbed my hands, our fingers intertwining with each other's.

"You're right." Ninety nine point nine percent of the time I am. "I just want us to be that family we should have been from the beginning."

"Technically we couldn't have been "that family" because of the whole age thing but like I said, I'm always willin' to work with you if you put in your effort." She tried to give me a kiss but I was pressing against her so she couldn't reach my face. "Heather, stop."

"Thank you for giving me another chance, now let me give you a kiss." She said more playfully. "If we were at school, you would have let me-"

"Yeah, but I'm actually supposed to meet up with the usual suspects for breakfast. I just wanted to get the argument out of the way and for the first time, we avoided it by getting side tracked with a past issue. I think this is progress."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you wanna come with?" She continued to press against me to get her kiss but I continued to just effortlessly push right back.

"Unlike you, I actually have a project to work on so I can't go." She finally gave up and climbed off of me, allowing me to sit up. "Do you still even go to school anymore?"