Justice Is Dead

Chapter 20

---Rolan’s POV---

I shot up right after Ezra came in with that shocking news. He couldn’t be serious. When I had told him that she would be sprinting across the meadow I didn’t mean it literally, it was for the sole purpose of keeping hope alive in both him and me.

“Come on get up, we have to go meet her!” He shouted when I stood, non-responsively before him. That brought me back to reality. If what he said was true then I would have been able to see Kiara again; I would have my princess.

We both bolted from the room and Ezra stopped at the window out in the hall. “Look! There she is!” He squealed with delight as he began jumping up and down. My heart skipped a beat as I watched her make her way across the meadow. It really was her.

“She’s headed for the back entrance; come on let’s go!” I said, patting him on his shoulder before running down the hall. He ran close behind. We barely managed to steer out of the way of the various people in the hall and the rush I felt from seeing her again made me lightheaded. I needed to hold her again. This was where she belonged and this was where she would finally be. “Keep up Ezra!” I shouted over my shoulder before turning unto another hallway and almost running into Carlisle and the others.

“Whoa, where’s the fire your majesty?” He asked sarcastically.

“No time, Kiara’s outside—she’s home!” Before they could say anymore I grabbed hold of Ezra’s hand and hurried down the hall. I don’t even think that while we were descending the stairs his feet hit most of them but hey atleast he didn’t fall and we were in too much of a hurry to care about safety. At the back door I threw open the door just as she came into view. I released Ezra and ran over to her. She crumbled in my arms, breathing heavily. I held her close and gave her a chance to catch her breath. She looked haggard and worn. I didn’t even know why she was in such a dress but I had a feeling that she cut it herself so atleast I could assume that she was fairly okay . . . I hoped. . .

---Kiara’s POV---

In his arms I had literally forgotten everything as I took in his familiar scent. I had missed everything about him ad now being here in his arms it all seemed like a dream. . .

I clung tightly to him not willing to let go for fear that the moment I did I would wake up in that plain, not having accomplished anything. But this felt real enough . . . It couldn’t possibly have been a dream. I was really home . . . Tears began gushing and I couldn’t stop them. I felt his grip around me tightened as he began stroking my back the way he usually did to calm me down.

“It’s okay . . . you’re home where nothing can harm you again.” He whispered soothingly. “Ezra and I kept hope alive just for you.”

I pulled alittle away from him now remembering that both he and Ezra and run out her to meet me. I looked over at Ezra and saw him smiling the way he did when he was unable to contain himself for too long. I smiled over at him and opened my arms for him to enter the hug. His smile widened as he ran to us. I grabbed him and held him tightly.

“I missed you.” He mumbled against my chest. “I knew you’d come back—I just knew it! Rolan and I never gave up and when those others girl came we sent them packing ‘cause we knewed that you was coming back!” He said all excitedly. I watched his eyes sparkle as he spoke; it was almost as if I could see the hope. It made me smile. “Well come on let’s go back inside.” He said. I put him down and we made our way inside. As I stepped through the door I saw my own personal welcoming committee.

“Welcome home Princess.” Carlisle said with a half bow. “I’m guessing that all those weeks of you jumping through windows and running barefooted finally paid off; am I right?” He asked with a knowing smile.