One - Introduction

"Welcome one and all... I have gathered thee today from far and wide to test thine skills and seek thine treasures! There will be many tests, and a grand reward for the one who manages to beat the rest. I hope thee the best of Fortune's generous gifts..." A beautiful woman says. Her eyes were hidden in the her purple hood. Her revealing green dress enhanced her beauty. She wore brown knee high boots and carried a floating crystal that showed to her everything she might desire to see. "All eleven of thee, give me thing opinion on these games before I explain them to thee. One can only assume all of thee have many questions to be answered... after all, I hath teleported each and everyone of you without notice." She smiles, her brown curly hair moving with the breeze.

"Yeah, I mean where are we in the first place?!" A girl with blond hair and red eyes asks. She had a black tail and black wolf ears on her head, she wore a red shirt and shorts, and her shoes were black converses. Her name was Holo and her guild mark was on her left shoulder.

"I was waiting for one to ask such a question." She says. "Thou art in a pirate ship, near the planet of Zindol, inside the galaxy of Zeroth, in this ship thou shall live until proved unworthy." The goddess explains.

"Sounds good. So what do I gotta do?" Holo asks impatiently.

"Thou must defeat all of thine enemies, and if need be, allies." The goddess explains.

"What if we die in the process? And can we help each other or is this a 'I will kill you if it means I am winning' type of thing?" A character with blue and dark purple hair asks. She had frosty blue eyes, and wore a brown jacket, pink shirt, and purple bodice short enough to show her stomach. She also wore jeans and black boots. Her name was Bones and her guild mark was just above her belly button.

"If thou doth die in the battles, thou shan't live. Isn't that the basic morality? Also thou may form teams of thy own.... Howe'er I do not advice for you to become friendly to one another." Says the goddess.

"Comforting..." Bones gulps.

"Sounds simple enough. All I need to know is when we begin." Holo smiles.

"I like that question, it's logical sounding." Bones says.

"I shall explain to thee the rules, for this game has many things that one shan't understand."

"Oh really? Try me and see what I don't understand!" Holo challenged the goddess.

"Very well young mortal, Doth thou understand the meaning of rebirth of the undead? Doth thou know what mortal, dragon, and god (among other different) ranks are? And how to achieve them? Doth thou think each ot the challenges I have made for thee are not complicated enough to understand and underestimate? Life is more than just death. It is pain, misery, chaos, and fun. It is something few people such as I have acquired accurate information of. And I know hot to manipulate it to my will and desires. I know how to cause the unthinkable. And I know how to make each of thy fears real and breathing. I know how to take thy breath from thyself. And I know very well how to make everything you love into everything you hate with one simple word." The goddess laughs. "Doth thou understand how?"

"Fair enough. I understand to an extent, but not completely. If you wish to continue you can, but I'm rady to get started if you are!" Holo becomes excited.

"Rule number one of survival; Don't piss off the Goddess." Says Bones.

"Oh bite me." Holo snaps.

"Leave the fighting for the arena." The goddess replies.

" Arena? This is getting interesting!" Holo smiles.

"Good."

"When do we start?" Asks Bones.

"Soon."

"So descriptive." Bones sighs.

"Ay."

"HA! Now who's annoying her?" Holo points a tongue at Bones.

"So are we basically trying to kill each other off while surviving whatever else you through at us? Like a Hunger Games type of thing?" Bones asks.

"Nay not. Not kill. Casualties can be avoided." The goddess responds.

"Then how do we win?" Bones asks.

"By winning." The goddess replies. Bones sighs.

"What do we have to do to win, just survive or battle it out? What?" Bones asks getting irritated.

"You shall see." The goddess enjoys Bones' frustration.

"You told us to ask questions and now you aren't even giving us straight answers!" Bones yells.

"Why waste my breath when thou shall see the answer to thine questions soon?" The goddess smiles.

"Because we are impatient mortals that are too stubborn to take the answer 'no' lightly!" Bones argues.

"Ah, I see."

"At least I can admit to my faults." Bones grumbles.

"That is a fact."

"If you don't mind me asking. Where are the others?" Asks Holo.

"They are here, howe'er they are scattered about in my ship."

"They didn't fail already did they?" Bones sighs and shakes her head.

"Hey there!" Says a smiling girl with greenish pale skin and pointy ears. Her pink eyes matched the color of her long silky hair. She wore the clothes of a huntress, her name was Dark. Her guild mark was on her her left ankle.

"What are we going to get if we win?" Holo didn't notice the girl.

"The prize is a secret."

"Urg!" Bones yells in frustration.

"The Connection has been set." The goddess begins. "I have gathered all of thee today - Sol; Scar; Glo; Nala; Mira; Holo; Bones; Dark; Droth; and Sona - to challenge thee. There will be several different types of contests. Each one gives thee an opportunity to accumulate points. I can eliminate each and every one of thee if it is my desire. So do participate with full effort. If you wish, you can leave now and go back to thy families and friends... Howe're you shall be seen as a coward and will no longer classify as a contestant. Doth anyone desire leave? No? Very well then. I have gathered the strongest member (not including guild masters) from the top ten guilds of thy planet. If you are here today, I congratulate you on thy success. And to celebrate, you shall see which guild has the strongest member... Each competition will vary, depending on my desire of the battle. After each competition is finished, I will select two random competitors to battle in the arena, the reward for winning shall be five points. In the end of this tournament, who ever survives, or isn't eliminated from the competition, and has the highest amount of points shall win the grand prize. Doth thou understand?"

"Yes'm" Bones replies. "Looks like competition will be good! It would be boring if no one was strong. It would be like the battle of toddlers, but no! This will be fantastic!" Bones began imagining different scenarios.

"Ay, I am intrigued to see who shall win." The goddess said.

"You are definitely a brilliant goddess indeed!" Bones smiles.

"That's something we can agree on." Holo says.

"I'll be looking forward to this!" Dark spoke.

"First comes the challenge."

"What challenge goddess?" Asks Bones.

"Cross the forest unscathed. Alive if possible."

"Sounds simple enough... What's the catch?" Asks Holo.

"No catch, the inhabitants of the forest are dark creatures, although you may be lucky and not encounter them."

"Right..." Holo sighs.

"But before we begin some players must ready themselves." The goddess spoke. "The challenge shall start in the morrow.

"Sounds good to me." Dark smiles.

"Wondrous well!" The goddess joins her.

"Give me some time to explore the ship?" Holo asks.

"It would only be just." Says the goddess as she disappears.