"Janice, I need to talk to you. Mind if I come in?"

"Haley, what's up?"

I'm standing in front of Janice's house, courtesy of Trevor's directions. Yesterday's "party" began with fun and games and ended with Spike leaving and Clarice ranting and raving over how Matt was driving her insane.

"Janice, I need to talk to you. Mind if I come in?" Though it may seem otherwise, I’m not so sure I’m doing the right thing. This is what friends did for one another, right?

Janice nods and leads me inside. I note with satisfaction that her nose is the slightest bit crooked.

"So, what did you need to talk to me about?"

"You've been hitting on Matt a lot lately." She laughs.

"I'm sorry, did you want a crack at him?"

"It makes everyone uncomfortable. You know he has a girlfriend, right?" She smirks and leans forward.

"Let me tell you a little secret, Haley." I lean forward as well, as though I'm really interested in her BS. "There are no decent guys in this world. All they want is your body. If you don't keep them interested, they'll leave."

"And you're saying Clarice is boring?"

Janice shrugs and leans back.

"I've been with Matt for a couple months before. He's very loyal. He just likes a little more...excitement than Clarice is willing to give him."

"So you're saying their relationship won't last anyway and you have nothing to do with it falling apart?" This is bull.

"I'm just helping Matt realize his mistake. Do you really think he'd let me flirt as much as I have been if he was happy with Clarice?"

"You make yourself sound like a saint instead of a homewreaker." I'm not sure what else to say. On some level what she's saying makes sense, but to get between Clarice and Matt is wrong.

"I'm not a saint, Haley. No one is. I'm just doing what I can to get by." She shuts her eyes and leans back. I look around and realize just how empty her house is.

"Janice, where are your parents?" She cracks open one eye.

"Where are yours?" It's a cold, defensive question. I think about it for a second.

"I...I'm not sure. My mom's probably in France or Italy and my dad should be in Shanghai."

"You too, huh?" No. She must be tricking me. Janice is the stereotypical bitch. The one who tried to tear Clarice and Matt apart. The one who helped Christa torture me. The one who'd do anything to get what she wants. She's lying. Why would she open up to me of all people, even for a second?

"Janice, you're wrong. Not all guys are out for your body. You just need to find the right one. Just because you haven't met a guy like that doesn't mean they don't exist." She snorts.

"Just because I haven't seen a unicorn doesn't mean they don't exist."

"Janice, getting between Matt and Clarice is wrong, whether or not they're suited for each other. And if Matt's going to sit there and let it happen, he's probably not right for you, either." She stands up angrily.

"You don't know anything about Matt, Haley. So just shut up!" I stand up to leave.

"Janice, I may know nothing about you or Matt, but I know enough to say that what you're doing is slutty and disgusting. If their relationship is doomed to failure, just let it happen. You think Matt will take you back now? All he's seen you do is hit on every guy in sight: regardless of their relationship status. And if he takes you back after that, is he worth the ground he walks on? Why do you think he started going out with Clarice? Because he doesn't want another girl like you." Her face is red, tears threaten to spill from her eyes. She's furious.