Chapter 26

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

We took off, finding an empty classroom to have our little talk. I’d caught a teacher I didn’t recognize staring at us when we left, but luckily no one had found it necessary to follow us. I did wonder how long the teacher had been looking at me – just when I was leaving, or had I been the focus of her attention for longer than that? With Mr. Crowley from math, Mrs. Ibsch with the short black hair and Mr. Gangreen from Special Abilities on my case, I really didn’t need to add another adult to that list.

When I closed the door behind me, Eros was actually smiling broadly at me. “Finally alone,” Eros observed, giving the phrase as much sexual tension as he could manage.

I sighed. “Cut the crap. What happened in there?”

“I controlled that girl’s mind,” he said lightly, “as you already know.”

“Did you do it on purpose?” I was sure he was going to lie about it, but I had to ask anyway.

“Yes,” Eros replied, as I’d predicted; but his face was strangely vulnerable, just like the last time we’d really talked. I could tell he was lying.

“How come your control slipped?” I pressed, acting as if he’d just confessed he hadn’t meant to do it.

“Because you were involved and I don’t seem to be in control when it comes to you,” Eros said, looking straight into my eyes. “Or is that too much truth for you to handle?”

“Look…” I started, sitting down on a table. “I want to help you with this, but if you keep acting like there’s no problem and keep harassing me, I’m bound to change my mind.”

He didn’t say anything, just looked down at the ground. The silence lasted for about two minutes, both of us keeping our eyes diverted. I wasn’t so sure this ‘I want to help you’ thing was so smart after all.

“Listen…” he finally said. “I’ve never been kissed without having to wonder whether it was me making her want to kiss me, or if she truly liked me. I think I have a right to be rude and inconsiderate.”

Our eyes locked and I could see he wasn’t lying now. He was truly letting me have a peek into his messed up mind, and I could appreciate that. It must be hard to confess something like that, especially for him. Suddenly, I had an idea. It might be a really, really stupid idea I might regret later, but I felt like going with it for now. Maybe if I just gave him what he wanted he’d let me help him. I really thought it was important for him to gain control of his powers. If he didn’t, he’d soon become a danger to himself as well as every single living person near him. So I got up, brushed my hair out of my face and looked him straight in the eye. He looked back, his expression curious.

“Can you promise not to control me?” I asked him.

“Erm – yeah, sure,” he stammered, frowning. “Why?”