Chapter 17: Things Get Complicated

"It was Snape, the three of us saw him. He was cursing your broom, muttering nonstop! He wouldn't keep his eyes off you" Ron explained the moment calmed down at Hagrid's hut. "Rubbish!" Hagrid argued. "Now, why would Snape do somethin' like that?"

"But Hagrid it's true!" I asserted. "I saw him with my very own eyes. His eyes squinted, looking---or more like glaring, at Harry and muttering things! He was jinxing Harry's broom!"

But Hagrid just shook his head in disagreement. We all looked at each other desperate for something to convince him. Harry sighed and said, "I found out something about him, he tried to get past that three headed dog on Halloween. It bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding."

Now this, I don't know.

Hagrid dropped the teapot he was holding. "How do you know about Fluffy??" He asked eyes wide.

"Fluffy?!" we all repeated.

"Yeah---he's mine--- bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year---- I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the----"

"Yes?" Harry said just as I said: "The what??!"

"Now, don't ask me anymore, that's top secret, that is" Hagrid said sternly. "But Snape is trying to steal it!"

"Emphasis on the steal"

"Rubbish!" Hagrid repeated. "Snape is a Hogwarts professor, he'd do nothing do the sort."

"So why did he just try and kill Harry?" Hermione asked. And BOOM just like that Hermione has a point, she has an H-U-G-E point! "Hogwarts professor or not, I know a jinx when I see one, Hagrid" I added. "You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all, I saw him!" Hermione asserted.

"Exactly!"

"I'm tellin' yeh, yer wrong!" Hagrid said already irritated. "I don't know why Harry's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn' try an' kill a student! Now, listen, all four of yeh--- yer meddlin' in things that don' concern yeh. You forget that dog an' you forget what it's guardin', that's between Professor Dumbledore only an' Nicolas Flamel-----"

"AHA!" Harry and I said at the same time. "So there's a Nicolas Flamel in this!"

Hagrid frowned and looked as if he wanted to slap himself.

"I think I need an explanation from you guys too with all this?" I told the other three as we entered the Great Hall, dinnertime!

"I'll meet you later at the library." Harry told me and I nodded. Things are starting to get very complicated.

Every night when we have the chance, Harry and I would meet at the library after dinner. We do the 'Potter search', or help each other with homework or studying, or just talk. Right now, I was running through the corridors towards the library. I was too busy eating that I didn't notice that Harry already went there.

When I entered the library, I spotted him at our usual place. "Hey!" I panted. He looked up from the book was reading. "Hey! What took you so long?" he asked.

"Food."

He started to laugh, I just sat across him. "Ron and Hermione will be coming too. I need to tell them something too." he added and I nodded. I took one reference book from the bookcases and looked for any words with 'Potter'.

Soon enough Ron and Hermione came; Hermione was bringing a lot of books. Very much expected.

Hermione sat beside me while Ron sat beside Harry. "Okay. Explain." I said right away.

"Remember that little incident we had at the third floor?" Hermione said her voice dropping to a whisper. I nodded.

"I noticed it was standing on a trapdoor. It might be guarding something, besides why would Dumbledore let something like that in the castle, right?"

I nodded again; she had a point, like always. "Then this morning, Snape approached me and I noticed, as he was walking away, he was limping." Harry added. "Then I came to his office and I overheard him talking to Filch. He clearly said he was bitten by the dog, which means he was trying to get through the trapdoor to steal whatever it's guarding!"

I leaned back on my chair and looked at all of them. I started thinking.

"Hm. Everything is so... strange. Since our first day Snape always looks like he hates us..." I told Harry who nodded. "Now he's trying to kill you on that game and violate Dumbledore.

"I knew from the start that man isn't a nice person."

"Well what are we going to do?" Ron asked. "Hagrid won't believe us. And we can't tell the Professors!"

Then I lit up. "Why not?" Three pairs of confused eyes looked at me. "Why can't we tell the other Professors? At least they would know!"

"But Angelica if we told them about Snape trying to steal what Fluffy's guarding, then they would know that we went to the 3rd floor. Remember it's forbidden! What's worst is we might get-----"

"Expelled" Harry and Ron finished the sentence for her. I sighed. She's right, I forgot.

"Well if we can't have any adult to help us then we stop Snape, ourselves!" I told them. "We are the one who know the truth. Hagrid won't believe us. We should fight for what is right. We could stop him ourselves. We can do this. I know we can do this."

"Angelica is right." Harry agreed. "If we want to stop Snape from stealing that thing, whatever it is, then it's up to us.

"Let's work together to stop him." I smiled at how he was agreeing with me. We both looked at the person beside us. Each had a hesitating face. "Alright. Let's do this." Ron agreed. Hermione sighed, "Count me in"

I said it a million times and I'll say it again, my life hasn't ever been this complicated.