Chapter 3: Does someone hear a war brewing?

Alexander Clarke

“Miss, meet Alexander Clarke your new personal servant.” I smirked when it dawned on me as to who this chick was. It was that geek from a while back. This is interesting. The girl stopped to stand right before me. She looked up at me with an anxious expression and I’m sure she would draw blood from how roughly she chewed on her lip.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you, Miss Everhart.” I smirked letting the sarcasm ooze into my voice. Her eyes widen a fraction of an inch as she quickly looked up at me and then darted her glaze away; her face blushing pink as she cleared her throat.

“Miles, would you give us a minute?”  She said her voice soft as she tucked a loose strand of ebony hair behind her ear.

“As you wish,” Miles replied giving me one last glance before he left the room. 

“Please don’t tell anyone.” I looked back at the girl as she pleaded me with her eyes.

“Looks like you clean up real well.” I said leaning forward slightly. She looked up at me in shock, and backed away clumsily as she almost tripped on her carpet.

“I-I… uh… please just don’t say anything to anyone okay?” She pleaded as she lifted her hands to keep some distance between us. I moved forward until her small hands touched my chest.

“Why should I?” I whispered in her ear. Chuckling as I watched her ear turn beet red.

“Because I’ll lower your debt to my parents,” she answered boldly as she backed into the stairs and tripped back onto her butt.

“How do you know you will keep your word?” I asked crossing my hands over my chest. Who does she think she is? I bet she’s just another spoiled brat.

“I’ll speak to them as soon as they come home, please just wait till then.” She rose from the steps and stepped as close to me as she would dare. “Do we have a deal, please?” she extended her hand towards me and I chuckled running my hands through my hair. What the hell I have nothing left to lose.

I shook her hand surprised at how small it was compared to mine. I gripped it tightly and she did the same back. Was it me or was she suddenly testing my limits?

Rori Everhart

He shook my hand roughly obviously trying to intimidate me but I shook back just as rough. I looked up as he raised an eyebrow at me and I quickly let go of his hand. I ran my sweaty palm down my shorts trying to keep my cool.

“Would you like a tour of the house?” I asked looking anywhere but him.

“Sure… um.. Miss” he began seeming to have a hard time deciding what to call me I cut him off.

“Rori, please just call me Rori.” I said as walked up the staircase motioning him to follow me.

“Okay then. I’m Alex.” He said and I chuckled. “What’s so funny?” He asked.

“You didn’t have to tell me your name heck neither did Miles. I know very well who you are.” I said smiling to myself.

“What is that supposed to mean?” he asked and I stopped to look back at him.

“Nothing it’s just that you have a reputation back at school.” I murmured. Alex furrowed his eyebrows.

“Well I’m sorry that not everyone can be so pristine and perfect.” Alex practically growled.

“Pristine and perfect?” I almost laughed. “You don’t know me, so don’t go around making insinuations you know nothing about.” I had to hold back from just out right yelling at him, how can someone be so ignorant and rude?

“Well it does seem like you have no problems. I mean look around, do you see all of this?” he said his voice raising as he threw his arms up in frustration.

“Money means nothing to me.” I spat.

“That’s rich, coming from someone who hasn’t had to work a day in her life.” He shook his head.

“Who do you think you are coming into my home and just judging me like that? You’re lucky my parents are even giving you this opportunity. And maybe you wouldn’t even be in this mess if it weren’t for your father’s stupid gambling problem. He brought this all on himself and now he is making you work it off, what kind of parent is he? So don’t take it off on me that your life sucks.” I semi-yelled getting rid of so much pent up anger.

“Shut up, you know nothing.” Alex yelled as he clenched his fist and if for just a minute I saw hurt flash through his eyes.

“You don’t either.” I yelled back.

“Spoiled brat.”

“Jerk.”

“Arrogant bitch.”

“Asshole.”  I yelled my face red from shouting insults. I never met someone who made me so mad.

“What’s going on here?” Miles yelled as he rushed into the room. I shut my mouth folding my arms across my chest and glared at a vase across the room. And Alex did the same as I peaked at him from the corner of my eye.

“You two better learn to get along because neither of you are going anywhere any time soon. So behave like the adults you are.”  Miles scolded us as if we were small children and we both nodded in defeat. “Now come on, it’s dinner time. I do presume you will be staying for dinner Mister Clarke.” Miles looked towards Alex but he shook his head.

“No I best be getting home.” Alex replied bitterly, heading towards the door.

“Mister Clarke,” Miles said.

“Yes,” Alex answered hesitating with his hand on the door knob.

“Do not forget to report back here on Monday at four p.m. sharp.”  Miles said watching him with a steady glaze. Alex nodded before he quickly rushed out the door.  “And you go upstairs and wash up for dinner.” He said to me and I nodded. I was almost to the top of the stair when Miles called my name.

“Yeah?” I asked hesitantly.

“I don’t think Clarke wants nor needs your pity.” Miles murmured and I nodded my head.  I walked into my bed room and leaned back onto my door sliding to the floor. My life has just gotten more hectic then I ever wanted it to be. All I wish for a nice quiet life, I silently prayed, is that too much to ask?

___________________________________________________________________________

 Hi everyone!! *waves frantically* I can't believe how many reads, votes, and comments this story has gotten so quickly. I am speechless and trust me when I say that does not happen often. We as in Meg and me owe all this stories success to all you readers out there and our bloody amazing fans (followers). Were would we be without you? Gosh you all make me so damn proud..... *cries and blows nose in tisue loudly* Well I think I should stop now before I have  complete melt down. I♥U. Don't forget to as always VOTE and Comment with your amazing opinions and positive feedback even though all you feedback doesn't have to be positive we welcome constructive criticism too. Thats it I'm out. PEACE.

-Lupe♥

P.S. On the side is a picture of Alex he is gorg. Sigh.