Chapter 42

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 42

~The Next Morning~

~Lexis P.O.V.~

~April 4th~

I woke up for the first time without Nelle next to me and it was a weird feeling. I swiftly got up and went to take a shower. It was about 9:30 and I had no plans for today.

I got in the shower, and stood there letting the warm water run down my body. Today I had decided I would just tell Nelle about putting our engagement on the back burner till things clear up, I could re-propose to her, I'm sure she'd have no problem with that, and then we would get married in a few years time. Everyone wins in the end and that's all I want.

I just need to figure out how to word it to her? Eh, I'll just say it how it is.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

I woke up feeling well reatest. It was a lonely night but I had Trey sleeping right next to me.

"Good Morning Trey." I said as I picked him up and carried him over to the bathroom sink. I changed his diaper then walked back to the living room and fed him.

I heard knocking on the door after I finished feeding Trey. I quickly put him back on my bed and wrapped the blanket around him and arranged the pillowed around him so he couldn't roll off while I answered the door.

"Awe you look so cute like that." I said with a small smile before walking out of the room and answering the door.

"Good morning sweetie." My father said as he stood there with a smile. Um. Why?

"What do you want?" I asked as I just looked at him with unsureness in my voice.

"I just wanted to come by and say Hi." He said. "My daughter is in my city, I should come by and say hello, don't you think?"

"I don't want you here-"

"I know Chanelle and I truly want to change that. I know I messed up my chances but I am just asking for one more." He sounded like he was being truthful but I know he's very good at lying.

"I'll give you one more." I said as I stepped aside. He's lucky I'm as sweet as I am.

"Thanks Chanelle." I closed the door behind him. "So how is Lexis?" He asked. He knew about Lexis because Mom more likely told him.

"He is wonderful, thank you." I said as I sat in the chair.

"Where is my grandson?" He asked.

"He is sleeping. I just fed him."

"Oh, well I think you should come over to the house for dinner tonight." He said with a warm smile.

"Okay, I think I'm going go explore New York for a bit with Trey then I could head over to the house." He nodded his head and wrote down the address on a magazine that was laying on the coffee table. "Excuse me for 1 second." I said as I got up and walked to my room, where I was greeted with a crying Trey. "Awe what's wrong Trey?" I asked as I picked him up.

"Your phone is ringing, it says it's Lexis!" He yelled from the living room.

"Could you answer and tell him I'll call him right back? I'm busy at the moment!" I yelled back as I was trying to calm Trey down.

~D P.O.V.~

Her phone was ringing so I just answered it for her.

"Hello?"

"Aye, who's this?"

"This is Chanelle's Father. How are you Lexis?"

"Oh, Hello. I'm good thanks, is Chanelle there? It's really important and I'm on a tight schedule at the moment." He said with urgency. I was curious.