108) If you are trying to have a sense of reality (meaning it is not sifi or paranormal or fantasy or anything like that) to your story, don't make little details ridiculous. In other words, keep reality...well, REAL. Don't have some preschool-er studying anthropology (unless they are supposed to be unbelievably smart/a genius...GO HOMO SAPIENS!). Don't make the husband pregnant (unless he is actually a woman who had A LOT of work done). Don't make the Tea Party Republican a liberal. Unless that crazy thing plays a part in the story, fix it and make your story believable.
109) Okay, don't get me wrong...I really like three stories with a bunch of brothers and somehow the girl ends up living with all of them and yada yada yada, but what's with all the wannabes? Walter Boys, Harrison Boys, and Surviving the McClains are good, but all of the other ones are getting on my nerves. I know that Walter and McClain were both inspired by the same professional novel, but they made their stories original and good. Everyone else seems to be copying their idea and making it -for lack of a better term- suck. Harrison Boys has a completely different plot layout, and is hilariously entertaining and unique and refreshing in it's own way. All you posers need to either stop or start over.
"Boys boys boys! We like boys in cars! Boys boys boys! Buy us dri-" hold up...I feel the sudden need to share this message with you: all you underaged kids, don't let boys buy you drinks. And those of you old enough, please drink responsibly...okay, commence singing- "Buy us drinks in bars! Boys boys boys! We love them!"
110) bnv vbbv vvcvbv bv m m,mkjmm,bvvcvvbbv v
^^^^^this one was typed by my cousin's puppy that I am taking care of. She kept stepping on, licking, and biting the keyboard and produced that beautiful point. I thought you might enjoy it...
111) OMG, number 111! It's magical! Make a wish! :O
I can't stand plagiarism. I hate it. I despise it. If plagiarism was a person, I'd tar and feather them. Shake ya tail feather! Anyway, plagiarism is for insecure losers who have nothing going for them and want people to like them for work they didn't do themselves. Recently I've seen a bunch of messages alerting fans from writers who have had their work stolen. Come on people, grow an imagination and get some creativity of your own. Stop taking other people's stories. It just makes you look like an idiot. And to those writers that I saw it happen to this week, I hope everything worked out okay.
112) Does anyone else think it's stupid in a story when the main girl spends all her time complaining about everyone else and then she talks to the popular chick sarcastically by saying something like, "Oh like yeah I like totally like love him like wow." You think you're being funny? Do you think your character is funny or clever for talking to the random popular' airhead' like that. No. It stopped being funny in all those old Zoog Disney movies ten years ago. Pick a new way to make the popular girl look bad that doesn't involve your character mimicking her and looking like a complete idiot.
113) Cars...I like cars. I grew up with an older brother as my only sibling...I know a thing or two about cars. I also know how much they cost. Let me just say that if your character is a dumb seventeen year old living in a middle class home with just your mother who has yet to inherit money from a deceased relative and works as a waitress down at the local diner, I highly doubt they can afford the Ferrari they are driving. Expensive cars don't make the story any cooler. That only works in movies, dude. That's why there are so many movies in The Fast & the Furriest series. You don't see Harry Potter driving a Bugatti. I know, he drove a car that could fly, but stay with me on this...I'm on a roll...
114) Reactions! Why are so many reactions characters have to a situation weird? It's like something horrible happens, but because it's a hot guy causing all the trouble, they suddenly forget what's going on and don't even freak out or ask why they are where they are. I read a story like that this past week. The girl's life is ruined and she has to leave everything behind because of some evil guy, but the guy is "really hot", so she never even asks him why anything has happened. She literally wakes up and goes about life as though nothing ever happened. If I was the main character, this is what I would say:
|Me||as the rant queen|