Voiceless • Chapter Five

***

Dedicated to @lovedbycookiebear because she's.... well, she's she. If that makes any sense <3
Plus, she's one of my best friends <3 <3 <3 :)

Here's chapter five, everyone! :) Enjoy <3

***

Voiceless • Chapter Five

“I freaking wanna eat that food right now.”

   Somehow, I found Jay and I watching TLC, and Jay’s been drooling for food ever since. Jay’s legs are crossed in a  number “4” and mine are raised in the couch, being hugged by my arms. We agreed that we did too much piano lessons for the past days and Jay still doesn’t want to face the computer ever since the Vanessa Friend Request Incident –I decided to call it that– so we ended up watching television in the living room. This place is really the only room we usually go to, since my room is a bit small. The living room is basically our lounge room.

   You’ve been drooling over food when you’re already drinking a milkshake? I wrote on my blue notebook, and showed it to Jay.

   Turning his head to face me, he narrowed his eyes, making a hilarious stubborn look fit for a little child. “Food’s delicious.” He defended.

   Then why in the world are you so… I showed the note to him and held his wrist, putting it up face-level for him to see. He’s really thinner than me.

   “Hey, I sleep late, okay?” He said, a bit embarrassed. I chuckled. Jay can be really funny sometimes.

   Why do you sleep late? I continued to press. Once he read my note, he averted his eyes and looked far away, not even trying to glance at the television instead.

   “I do some… things.” He answered.

   Speaking of him, I wonder what his house looks like on the inside? The people who lived there before his family were a very quiet family, so I never got the chance to know them well, and I never had the reason to go and check inside their house. My mother once told me to make friends with them but their weird silence creep me out, making me think that they must be evil people or something.

   Hey, I was a child back then, and I grew up to think that they were like that.

   Can we go to your house? He looked at my note, and pursed his lips. He looked down for a moment, and finally looked up, saying, “Sure.”

   Yes! I one time read somewhere that “The kind of place a person lives in is the kind of place that person is”, or somewhere near that sentence. I wonder what kind of house Jay lives in. I wonder if they renovated or redesigned the inside of their house. I wonder if the past owner of that house designed it in a scary way.

   Ugh. I always get the shivers when I think about that family, and I don’t even know why.

   Jay stood up from the couch and gestured for me to come. “C’mon, let’s go.”

   Is there anyone inside? I asked. He shook his head. “Both of my parents are at work, and Alyssa is with her friends right now. It’s just me and you who’ll be there. I have the key, don’t worry.” He added, making me feel more safe. But the fact that only me and Jay will be the only ones in his house made me feel a bit uneasy, and the thought of Alyssa –his younger sister– away with her friends made me think of Trisha, which also made me smile a bit at the same time.