Chapter 41

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 41

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

So I arrived in New York. I do have to say it was such a pretty city but nothin' tops my Oakland, at least in my opinion. Trey was fussy on the plane and I even tried Lexis' little trick but like I figured, it only works for Lexis.

I got off the plane and waited for my luggage to come through that convertor belt thing. I managed to get all my luggage and met up with my Mom.

"Hey Mom." I said as I walked over and gave her a hug. It was nice to finally get a hug from her, we may have our times where we want to lunge for each other's throats but at the end of the day, she is my mom.

"Hi Sweetie, Oh I've missed you so much. Awe look at Trey." I took carefully handed Trey over to her and I watched her just shower Trey with love and attention. I know for a fact he was enjoying that.

"Wow, he is so adorable. Reminds me of when Jay was just a baby. How has it been with him?" She asked as we started making our way out of the airport. I was carrying my luggage and she of course, had Trey.

"Well it so far it's been pretty good." Knock on wood.

"So why did you come out here with me? I thought you were forever more staying put in Oakland?"

"Gang trouble. He felt that if Trey and I were away from that, nothing would happen to us." I said with a sigh. I didn't want to be away from Lexis, the one thing I wish would change was the whole gang stuff. I already know, that will probably never change and I'm not about to make him choose between anything. Just got to kind of stick it out and go along with it.

"That's the one thing I don't like about Lexis. I understand Jay and he are in the same gang but I really didn't want you getting involved with a gang member too." She had a slight hint of irritation in her voice. "Also I already have a car seat in the back for Trey." I nodded my head and started to pack my suitcases in the back of her car. She was putting Trey in the back and I hopped up front in the passenger's seat.

"I know Mom." I said not really giving much attention to what she had said.

"You know, I would be happier if you kept Trey away from all this." What do you think Lexis was thinking? That's why my ass and Trey are here. The things I want to say to her right now, but I need to bite my tongue just for the sake of not starting an argument.

"What are you saying?" I knew what she was saying but I wanted to hear it straight from her mouth.

"Well for the better interest of Trey, maybe you should leave Lexis and his gang and find a better guy that won't put you and Trey in any kind of danger." She kept her eyes on the road. Was she just dumb? Really. Just leave Lexis and take his son away from him? Why the hell would I do that?

"Wow Mom. I really can't believe you right now." I was looking forward to telling her I was engaged but now that I am aware of what she thinks. I don't want to tell her anymore. I swiftly slipped off my ring and put it in my bag. She doesn't get to see the nice ring Lexis put on my finger.

"I am being honest. Lexis is wonderful but this gang life of his doesn't go with his family life. Just think about it." She said like it was nothing. I chose to remain silent.

***

We pulled up to a hotel. I didn't want to stay with my Mother, especially after her commentary in the car and I really didn't want to stay with my "father". Lexis gave me some money for various things and what not. Well he gave me a lot more money than what I needed but I'm not complaining about that.