Chapter 40

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 40

~Arlie P.O.V.~
~April 3rd~

I saw two guys with green bandanas wrapped around their foreheads. They climbed over the fence before I had the chance to pull out my gun. Just fuck.

I turned back around and ran right passed Lexis and Nelle.

"It was that Green Gang Lexis. Nicole, get in the house." I said as I grabbed a hold of the pup's collar and basically dragged it inside.

"What?-"

"They know where I am and I got Nicole with me. I need to get her away or some shit." I said as I momentarily paced around the living room before finally deciding. I ran upstairs to Nicole's room and started putting things together. I know gangs go after loved ones, the whole 9 yards but I'll be damned if anything happens to my little girl.

"What are you doing?" Lexis asked from the door way of Nicole's room.

"I gotta get her out. I've never had this happened before, at least not with Nicole in the mix and I don't wanna take any chances."

"I feel you, I need to figure what I'm gonna do too. Everyone needs to meet at the trap in 2 hours on the dot. I'll tell everyone." I nodded my head and heard his footsteps fade out followed by Nelle's footsteps.

I've been involved in this gang shit for almost 10 years and I know first hands gangs do what they gotta do. I wouldn't give half a shit but it's different now. I have a daughter and this is the one thing that really scares me. If they get her. The first thing I think of is to get her out of here as quickly as I can where I know she's safe and I can handle business back here.

I decided to call up my older sister, Elizabeth. Our relationship has always been rocky because I was a little shit to her growing up and when she ran away for good, I was jumping for joy and even took over her room. Well I needed her now and I know she'll pull through.

"Hey Arls." She said into the phone. I haven't heard her voice in a long while.

"Hey Lil' Bit. What's good?"

"Not much, you?"

"I'm in a little trouble and I really need your help."

"Oh God. What did you do now? I bet your punk ass did something to provoke someone because you can't keep out of the streets. Is Nicole okay?"

"First of all, people provoke me. Then I react and beat the shit out of them, so hush up on that shit and she's fine for now but I need you to come and get her. Just keep her with you for like a month. Gang shit is going down and I don't need her getting hurt."

"You're too lucky I'm already scheduled to fly out on Tuesday. I'll take her when I head back to Houston."

"Thank you Lil' Bit, this means a lot."

"Yeah yeah, you owe me."

"Put it on my tab. Love you sis."

"Love you lil' bro." I hung up the phone and continued to pack a few more things. I saw Nicole standing at her door looking at me.

"You're going to go visit Auntie Lil' Bit for a lil' while." I said to her.

"Yay!" She screamed with a huge smile.

"Let's get you dressed and I need to fix your braids. You gotta stop pulling them apart baby girl." I said as I picked her up and carried her to the bathroom.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

I needed to figure out what the hell to do. I guess I could handle it like any other situation and just massacre the gang since that's all we're good at.