The Airport

Marceline's P O V

I wake up abruptly as the sun shines through my window- blinding me. The sun spoke to me. It says, "Today is going to be a great day"

As I was getting dressed I thought to myself, 'Am I ready to leave everything behind? Can you handle it? Are you sure you want to do this?'

I shook my head and pushed back those negative thoughts before I regret this whole thing.

I'm finally leaving this place, thank goodness and no one, not even Matthew can stop me.

Matthew's P O V

"Shit! Why am I such an idiot?! Why can't I tell her or express myself to her? I tried to love her as a sister, but I couldn't. It didn't feel right. I can't be her 'friend' anymore. I want more than that. And now I think I lost her, for good"

I grabbed my phone and typed a message to her.

To: Mars

From: Matt

Marceline, I'm sorry for acting the way I did. I do accept the fact that you have dreams about going to Europe. But I never thought about you actually leaving. You, my only friend, is moving thousands of miles away from me. All I wanted to say is, I love you Marceline. I love you so much, remember that. Take care and I know you'll do great on your own; you always have. Have a safe flight . . . okay? Bye.

I threw my phone on the bed and waited for a reply. I hope I didn't ruin my chances to keep Marceline in my life.

Marceline's P O V

I feel my phone vibrate and I see I got a message from Matthew.

I hope it isn't anything rude or dramatic.

As I read the message, a smile grew on my face. I can now go to Europe knowing that everything between us is in good terms.

"Matt you jerk" I chuckled to myself

I was about to reply to his message when I heard the announcements stating my flight was boarding.

"Attention ladies and gentleman, all passengers boarding the plane AU21 must line up at gate 25 at this time. That is all, thank you."

I better hurry and line up. I'll call Matthew once I arrive.

Matthew's P O V

Hours have passed and she still hasn't text me back. She probably hates me.

I just can't control myself. I mean, who can? Who can watch the one person they truly love, walk out of their lives; without telling them how you feel about them? I had so many opportunities to tell her, but did I? Nope, I'm just some idiot who can't express themselves. It's not over . . . it can't be.

Marceline's P O V

As I walked into the airplane, I found my seat and made myself comfortable.

"Excuse me, miss?" I ask

"Hello miss, are you all set for today?" she asks me with a wide smile on her face.

"Yes I am thank you but I have on quick question, how long is this flight?"

"The flight would be roughly about 7 hours"

"Oh . . .okay then. Thank you so much" I say to her as she begins to make her way to the back of the plane.

I sunk into the chair and fell asleep. I just can't get the fact that I'm going to live in Europe, out of my head.