A Year with Mr. Arrogant 2

Abrielle

I woke up with the worst headache ever. Groggily, I rolled out of bed and headed towards the bathroom across the hallway. I really wanted my own bathroom, which would give me more privacy and time. As I reach for the doorknob, the sound of talking came from downstairs. Strange. Usually my parents would still be asleep, since they work all day and night. Taking small tiptoes, I make my way down the stairs slowly trying to avoid making noise.

"We hope you could decide on the final decision real soon.It just pains us to see our own son act this way," a woman spoke.

"We understand what you mean, but are you sure our Abrielle is going to change his ways?" My mom spoke afterwards.

Who were they talking to and what were they talking about? Me changing who? I took one last step to peek into the living room but realized I shouldn't have because the step let out a loud creek. 

Stupid old house.

"Elle, honey? If you're there come down please," Mom calls.

I sigh and make my way down the last steps and into the living room. A couple dressed in fancy clothing stare back at me. The man wears a navy suit, while the woman wears a vintage style dress. They look as if they were in their late thirties or early forties. Staring into their eyes they seem amazingly familiar. The brown hair and piercing blue eyes.

"Come and sit down," Dad speaks, patting the empty space on the couch next to him. My parents seem to have an uncertain expression upon their faces.

"What's going on?" I question, looking from the blonde couple to my parents.

"She's absolutely gorgeous!" The lady exclaims clapping her hands together.

The man nods agreeing with his wife. I'm five feet ten inches with dark brown hair and blue eyes.

"I've always wanted her to model but unsure where to start," Mom lightly chuckles.

"Well, I'm sure we can help with that," The man said.

Dad gave an unsure smile, "Elle this is Ron and Lori Daniels." He went on to tell me the name of the hotel branch they own.

"W-wait, Daniels? Do you have a daughter named Jadine Daniels?" I question, raising an eyebrow.

"Why yes, do you know her sweetie?" Lori excitedly questions back, intertwining her hands together as if she was praying.

"Yes, we actually met yesterday," I smile, wondering where this would go.

"Well, that's great but we really should be off. I'm sure your parents will tell you everything you need to know," Ron smiles, giving a head gesture to my parents, then looks at Lori for them to leave.

"Well, see you soon, Anna," Lori stands up with Ron as my parents do the same. Lori gives a small hug to my mom and Ron shakes my dads hand. They smile at me one last time before being led out by my parents.

With arms crossed, I wait for my parents to come back into the living room. Once they do, they are aware I want an explanation.

"You might want to sit down for this," Dad tells me, so I do. Looking at their 'uncertain' faces, this had to be big.

"We just want you to know that we love you and we're not giving you away or anything like that," Mom starts, as I listen closely, eager to know what they are about to tell me. It gave me the impression that they were giving me away.

"Mr. Daniels wants you to marry his son, Ace Daniels." Dad cuts to the chase.

"What?!" I rise from my seat, shouting at the top of my lungs, enough to wake up the whole block.